How to pass the time

Talk about this and that... The randomness goes here :D

How to pass the time

Postby Thrillhouse3880 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Just a little something I'd share on what I do with spare time. When I'm not working on homework, I either play video games or listen to music, I'm socially awkward and only have 5 close friends, so that is my idea of R&R. Other times I practice my drawing, I think I'm getting better with each picture but I have a long way to go in order to become a true artist.
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one
-Bruce Lee

Deviantart account: http://kdogg09.deviantart.com
Check it out if interested.
Thrillhouse3880

Re: How to pass the time

Postby dindevalhalla » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:29 pm

I read, browse the chans and tumblr, read ebooks, manga, comics, etc. then again work and family consume a lot of my time, but my free time i pass it by reading
dindevalhalla

Postby Nina Windia » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:59 am

I find myself enjoying playing silly webpage games (Farmville will be the best example for it), or other small games you don't need to put much thought while playing them.

Another option is to check sites such as 9GAG
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby -sparkle- » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I know what it feels like to be socially awkward.
My closest friends either live in another town or one is working overseas and I see her rarely, that means that I am not able to go out from time to time just to have fun. I really would love to be more outgoing like I am here on the internet, but I can't. I am not shy or anything, I am just scared to get hurt again.

Anyways - how I pass the time is easy, I skype a lot with my best friend and draw and even with a huge artblock I am doodling and fooling around with my tablet...sometimes and I get suprised of myself very often.

Since you are an artist, how about trying out new styles ? Semi-realistic, cartoons, Anime (if you don't do this yet) or just animals. Maybe it will look horrible, but try it out when you are drawing again :smile:

Playing games is for me not really possible since I have a lack of choice of what to play and I never feel like playing this or that. I sometimes use my time to write fanfics or poems or just listening to music.

Edit: Right now I found myself in love with Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas x´D
-sparkle-

Postby Thrillhouse3880 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Now that I think about it, my life is pretty sad. I do socialize with my family (its the most important aspect in my life, (other than the fact I'm trying to become a better Christian)) but I have low self-esteem and even doubt myself in times of my victories. However, i'm getting a little better day by day.
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one
-Bruce Lee

Deviantart account: http://kdogg09.deviantart.com
Check it out if interested.
Thrillhouse3880

Postby CarnageCrayon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:26 am

i spend my time watching shows or movies, playing games or reading comics. i wouldn't call myself socially awkward per se, i get along with people very well on a superficial workrelationship kinda way, but i don't really have friends anymore that i spend time with, exept my wife.
CarnageCrayon

Postby Thetis » Mon May 11, 2015 9:28 pm

My own life has been, well, tumultuous, in the last few years. It took me, on and off, ten years to graduate college. It wasn't because of the actual academic work; real life just kept intervening. So, during the periods that I didn't have school (the longest being around two and a half years!) I started doing a lot of craftsy, type things. I started out cross-stitching, but when it got too hard on the eyes, I took up quilting, and now, I started crocheting just to see if I could.

My other hobbies (yes, there are more) included reading novels and non-fiction, playing piano, and drawing. I haven't drawn that much recently (no time), but I also probably am not going to be drawing again (lost interest in the stuff.) Instead, I've taken up a new passion, which is writing fiction. It started back around 2007 when life intervened (translation: kicked me while I was down.) So I wrote a novel, and then a few more novels. I really only have one publishable (sort of) novel from all that writing, but it was a fun ride, while it lasted.

I have several ideas for several more novels, but I need more free time. I just finished my graduate coursework (completed thirty credits, phew) and I have to take an exam, and I'll have my M.A. in English literature! And I also am training for medical billing and coding at night to help with my current day job (hah ha.) I'm working hard towards the future.

Maybe your life feels a little...I guess lackluster sometimes. I know mine did at times, especially when I was out of school and recovering from whatever emotional trauma. But as long as you continue working towards the goals in the myriad ways...just improving your craft, and keeping in touch with those close to you...why begrudge it?

And you don't have to have a lot of friends to have a meaningful life. My best friend lives far away, so I rarely see her, and I don't have a lot of friends. But I'm certainly happy with the ones I've been given. If I get more friends, that's nice too, but I like the people in my life, and appreciate them for what they are. ^_^
Thetis

Postby elduderino » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Thrillhouse3880 wrote:Just a little something I'd share on what I do with spare time. When I'm not working on homework, I either play video games

BUY BONESTORM OR GO TO HELL.
I decided to start skateboarding as a grown-ass man, it's a lot of fun. I love music, too. I'm finally out of the university, so I need new, interesting, brainy/artsy hobbies for my life.
elduderino

Return to DownTown