Do you play an instrument?

Anything that has to do with music goes here!!!

Do you play an instrument?

Postby Anfinity » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:02 pm

I wanna know! And if you want to share some of yourself playing, I wanna hear!

I play keyboard these days. Started playing seriously only a year ago, though. I have a King Korg and a Roland Lucina and I love them both dearly.

I've played flute since I was about 8 years old, but I left it in my parents' house, so I'm out of practice.
Anfinity

Re: Do you play an instrument?

Postby CarnageCrayon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 pm

I play bass for 13 years, though i haven't activly been in a band or so for 7, so my skills are a little rustyand i'm nowhere near where i could be if i practiced every day.^^
CarnageCrayon

Postby RememberTheAGES » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:09 pm

I have a guitar... I should see if I can produce some kind of noise that is somewhat pleasant.

I too have a flute but I haven't played in years. I wonder how quickly I will be able to relearn from when I was decent at it. It has been since middle school so I don't know...
RememberTheAGES

Postby Anfinity » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:26 am

RememberTheAGES wrote:I too have a flute but I haven't played in years. I wonder how quickly I will be able to relearn from when I was decent at it. It has been since middle school so I don't know...

I think it's fairly easy to relearn. I hadn't played for about three years, then joined a jazz band and knew most of the notes still (I had to look up middle C and anything above the four-above-the-staff A). I suppose it's been longer for you, but I think it's kind of like riding a bicycle.
Anfinity

Postby shadowfox » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:38 pm

I really need to get back into playing more but I can play the piano. I've been playing on and off again since I was young. I also tried to pick up a little guitar which hasn't really happened.

I've found that I don't have that much time to practice :P
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby Thetis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:26 am

I have a diploma in piano, but I'm so rusty it's irrelevant. I still bang on it for fun occasionally. I really need to practice. :x

My boyfriend wants me to learn Care Selve from Handel's Atalanta so I can accompany him. He sings a tenor, and sung opera in the past.
Thetis

Postby cardice » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 pm

I sort of play the piano, sort of. All you guys are like experts while I'm sitting here playing sonata arctica and symphony x songs on the disappointed but very loved keyboard of mine.

cardice

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:24 pm

I still want to hear you playing keyboard, Anfinity, I remember you mentioned that you were learning some VG music on the instrument way back on Dragon Tear!

I play keyboard myself, still learning and not very well, and I've played bass for years now as well as goofing around with dumbek, because Middle East drums are awesome.
Bragatyr

Postby Turbo852 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:20 am

I played alto saxophone for 7 years when I was in school. Did marching band too. It was a lot of fun!

After that, I got into playing Tin Whistle for a while, but when I got my ocarina back in 2005, it became my main instrument. I don't play as often as I'd like, but I do from time to time.

Also, on Wednesday I got to play a shakuhachi! A friend of mine had one with him and let me try it! I was actually able to make a sound on it after only a few minutes of playing around! It wasn't the best sound, but after he told me not to blow so hard, I was able to get some of the notes sounding better. Eventually, I'll probably get one of my own. I've wanted one for years after all.

I have a keyboard as well, but I never really learned to play it. I grew up with a piano in the house, but again, never learned it. I only went through the first beginner book.

Anyway, I love playing my ocarina and I've recorded a few videos of some songs: Ocarina playlist

I also think it is fun to write music specifically for the ocarina. I write music for the ocarina usually by just playing notes at random until I like them and then writing it down.

Oh, and this song is from Breath of Fire: Breath of Fire - Sara (Ballad)/Alan and Cerl Forever (Tears)
Turbo852

Postby tsurabisu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:41 pm

I have a guitar, but haven't really learned anything other than Hymn of the Faith from Final Fantasy X

My beauty:
tsurabisu

Next

Return to Music