Do you play an instrument?

Anything that has to do with music goes here!!!

Re: Do you play an instrument?

Postby -sparkle- » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Years ago I learned to play piano... a little little bit... I stiiiiiill could play a little part of a song, but that's all ;^;. My teacher never came back as we had our first lesson afterwards.
Also I could play the beginning of "wake me up when september ends" on guitar thanks to our musics teacher.

I wish I could learn to play piano fluently, it's such a wonderful instrument and you can learn to play the most beautiful songs !!!
Buuuut I am afraid that I might never learn any instrument, since I am a little too clumsy and (kinda) nervous for that though...

The only "instrument" I can "play" is my voice...
Does it count too ? ;^;
-sparkle-

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:17 pm

That's an awesome musical background, Turbo852. I'm really glad to see you play VG music covers, too. I think I've seen some of your videos before, which is pretty awesome. I was just checking out your Sara/Alan and Cerl cover, which I love. I can't play wind instruments for crap. I've always wanted to try, I even got a simple wooden flute from a Renaissance Festival a while back and tried to learn, but I don't think I have the lung power.

Also, nice guitar, tsurabisu, I like the color! But yes, -sparkle-, I would definitely classify voice as an instrument, you certainly have to learn to play it, which is something I've never done!
Bragatyr

Postby CarnageCrayon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:26 pm

singing really is hard work, you need lung-capacity, be able to hold a tone properly by constant preassure in the abs, flanks and lower back muscles, which gets really hard if you try to sing quietly, so yeah vioce is totally an instrument.
CarnageCrayon

Postby Spleepoppetween » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 pm

I can play a few things, not extremely well though. I can play the bass and guitar but I mainly play the drums. I played the drums since middle school but had to sell my kit when I moved about 3 years ago and haven't touched an instrument since :P
Spleepoppetween

Postby Ejdeha » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:24 am

is mayonase an instrument?

I used to play Drums in band buty i haven't touched one in years.
And I mean hell, if you have to spend the rest of your life as a memory...
You Might as well make it a good one!
Ejdeha

Postby Lin256 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 am

I never went to music school, but I know how to play the piano and the guitar a little. Much more I like the accordion, it clearer and easier to play.

Visit my BoF gallery on Deviantart: http://platinum-arc.deviantart.com
Lin256

Postby Anfinity » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:14 pm

Bragatyr wrote:I still want to hear you playing keyboard, Anfinity, I remember you mentioned that you were learning some VG music on the instrument way back on Dragon Tear!

I play keyboard myself, still learning and not very well, and I've played bass for years now as well as goofing around with dumbek, because Middle East drums are awesome.

I keep meaning to record things but I just... never get around to it. I think there are videos of me floating around playing a session, but the quality is always such crap. I'll try to do it soon! I haven't been playing video game music lately, but I could try something again :)

Also, turbo, that's cool! I bought a cheap ocarina myself recently... But I've barely touched it. I really want to learn the ocarina songs from Lunar: Silver Star Story :D Do you know them?
Anfinity

Postby Turbo852 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:53 am

Oops, didn't notice the response, Anfinity.

I did a quick search and I have sheet music for ocarina for the followng Lunar songs:
Alex and Luna
Nocturne - The Boat Song
Luna's Theme

I have generic sheet music for:
Wings
Nocturne

I can send them to you if you'd like. You will need a double ocarina for some of them or you'll have to arrange them differently (maybe just drop some parts an octave) to fit the range if you have a standard single chamber ocarina.
Turbo852

Postby Anfinity » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:11 am

Once again, late response! I haven't had much free time this past month x___x

But if you'd send them, that would be great! :D
Anfinity

Postby Turbo852 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:18 am

Ok, so I sent you a PM of a link to the sheets. Sorry for being almost 2 years late!

Anyway, I've since gone to the US International Ocarina Festival in Texas. It was held around November of last year. I'm planning on attending again this year. They brought in performers from all around the world including Japan, China, Norway, and other parts of the US. This year, there will be even more!

I've been taking some piano and composition lessons from a friend of mine. He's actually one of the guys who was in the Fire Flower musical which I posted long ago. So, I'm still slowly developing my music skills. I'm hoping to one day do something with it.
Turbo852

Previous

Return to Music