So I'm in a musical based on Super Marios Bros! [Video out]

Anything that has to do with music goes here!!!

So I'm in a musical based on Super Marios Bros! [Video out]

Postby Turbo852 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Update:The video is out now! See the musical here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FpXzP31u50

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I've got an exciting new project that a friend of mine created and I'm helping him with. It's a musical in the style of the Wizard of Oz, based on Super Mario Bros! He wrote the whole thing including the 8-bit music! Anyway, we're actually performing this live at the Minnesota Fringe Festival in August. I figured I'd let you all know because there's a few of us Minnesotans here, but also, we hope that eventually everyone will have a chance to see it no matter where they live.

I created an IndieGoGo campaign for it to spread the word and generate support. I'm not asking anyone here for money unless you really want to donate something, but it would be nice if you'd spread the word to anyone who you think might be interested in it. We created the campaign to help raise funding for costumes, supplies, rehearsal space rental, and all sorts of other things.

Fireflower: An Original Musical Comedy

It was written by a guy named Marty Brueggemann who is a friend of my sisters and I. He is very talented and has written a musical in the past which both of my sisters also performed in. His two brothers also compose video game style music for fun and have a podcast where they interview video game composers and others. They are the Super Marcato Bros.

We plan on using ninjas to make things happen in the background. Just like in this video: Matrix Ping Pong

Also, check out this behind the scenes video that talks a little about how we created the music for the show: FireFlower Videoblog: An Unusual Orchestra

My role is as a ninja, so I'll be handling a lot of the effects and props.

Anyway, check it out and if you like it, tell your friends about it.
Last edited by Turbo852 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Turbo852

Re: So I'm in a musical based on Super Marios Bros!

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:51 am

That's awesome, man, sounds really interesting, I can't wait to see it!
Bragatyr

Postby shadowfox » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:40 am

That sounds like a lot of fun! Best of luck!
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby Nina Windia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:49 am

I wish you could have said it few months ahead. Now that is something I'd love to see.

Maybe if you will run it again in the future, could you please let us know?

If there will be more pictures or vids, or so, please let us see :)
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Turbo852 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:35 am

I have a quick update! We were selected by Minnesota Public Radio as one of their 10 shows not to miss! Our first performance is on Saturday, so I'm very excited!

MPR's 10 Shows not to miss!

You can see a couple photos on our Facebook page: FireFlower Musical
Turbo852

Postby shadowfox » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:23 am

That's pretty cool! Congratulations!
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby Turbo852 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:46 pm

An interview of Marty, the author of the musical was just posted to this blog: http://www.onegirltwocities.com/2014/08/01/fireflower/

It's got a ton of details about the inspiration for the musical and is a really good read!

Also, our local Fox channel apparently featured us in a segment about the Fringe Festival! I didn't get to see it, but someone told us it was on.
Turbo852

Postby Turbo852 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:59 am

Quick update! There's only 1 hour left to offer support if you wanted to. You can get posters signed by the cast, copies of the soundtrack, making of FireFlower documentary video, and even a prop from the show itself!

Contribute here!

But, most exciting for everyone here is that we expect that we'll have tomorrow's show filmed so we can eventually show it online to everyone who was not able to attend in person! Once the video is recorded it'll probably be a little while before it is posted online, but I'll let everyone know when it is!

We've started to get some reviews on our Fringe site and they have been very good, so I'm very excited about it!

You can find them here.
Turbo852

Postby shadowfox » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:41 am

Nice man! Its good that you've been getting some good press!

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby Turbo852 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:19 am

We finished our final show Sunday afternoon! It went pretty well and I don't have all the numbers, but we managed to hand out all of our program guides over the 5 shows so I'd call it a success.

We also were able to film the performance from Thursday and hopefully soon I'll have a video to show you guys. Might be a while before it is ready though, but I'll let you know!
Turbo852

Next

Return to Music