Favourite Kids Show

Talk about Movies, Series, Animation, and more!!

Favourite Kids Show

Postby CarnageCrayon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 am

After spending almost my entire nightshift on watching openings from cartoons and anime i watched as i kid, i thought id ask you all what your favourite show(s) were when you grew up?

Growing up in the 90s in germany, tv was full of awesome cartoons (and what i later learned to be anime) every weekend from early in the morning (and i mean EARLY early, like 5 a.m.) and a lot of them belong to the best shows i've watched to this day and some of them are truely bad, but i enjoyed every minute of them.

To my all time favourites belong:
Saber Rider and the Star-Sheriffs

Galaxy Rangers

The Bionic-Six

Darkwing Duck

Batman: The Animated Series

Disney's Gargoyles

and those are just the first few that came to my mind...

so, what shows kept you stuck to the screen when you were a child?
CarnageCrayon

Re: Favourite Kids Show

Postby Nina Windia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:59 am

wow! I had tons of shows I liked, At the top of my head I can think of Batman, TMNT, samurai pizza cats, Silverhawks, thundercats, Tigershark, X-Man, Pokemon...

I know there are more, because I was cartoon freak... But I can't remember them now.
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby -sparkle- » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Oh I watched as child mostly magical girl anime like Sailor Moon, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne or Wedding Peach.
Also Dragonball, Pokemon (only the first and second season though), Detective Conan.

Cartoons...mhh...it was Rugrats, As told by Ginger, Braceface, My Life as a Teenage Robot (so typical Teenage Girls with problems :'D)
that one series called Doug, Sabrina - the animated series, Sabrina the Sitcom, Winx Club.

But also a lot of russian cartoons. I just loved them all^^
My all time favorite cartoon is the a russian one called Nu Pogodi :D.
-sparkle-

Postby Thetis » Tue May 12, 2015 2:47 am

Was a huge fan of Batman: TAS in my day. I have the entire series on four DVD box sets. ^_^v Maybe I'll sit down and watch it with my boyfriend and his sister's fiance. The latter is a huge Batman fan, right down to towels and boxers. :D

I saw an old Dutch (?) cartoon called Asterix and the Twelve Tasks, which is a Viking parody on the twelves tasks of Hercules. It was a great little movie. Loved it so much, but I wonder if there's more adventures with Asterix out there. I loved that cartoon.
Thetis

Postby Whoops » Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 pm

I enjoyed Digimon, and Captain Planet was pretty good too. I've recently been watching it as I play Dragon Quarter
Whoops

Postby shadowfox » Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 pm

I remember watching TMNT a ton when I was little. I was also huge fan of Saturday morning cartoons like the Ghost Busters and Beetlejuice Cartoons. I don't think they do Saturday Morning Cartoons any more, at least in the United States
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby MrBaba » Fri May 15, 2015 10:38 pm

Really enjoyed Seasons 1 & 3 of Digimon, those bring back some really good memories.

Do current kids shows count? If so, I am loving the heck out of Gravity Falls. One of my favorite shows ever right now.
MrBaba

Postby Thetis » Sun May 17, 2015 1:33 am

Among some of my favorite cartoons were Tiny Toon Adventures and the Animaniacs. They were really excellent, and on the rare chance I get to see them now, I noticed stuff that I didn't see about them when I was a kid. How...subversive. :D
Thetis

Postby Whoops » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Animaniacs! I forgot about that show. I wish there was a place online I could watch the episodes. I also forgot Kirby Right Back At Ya! That was pretty great. I remember seeing the advertisements for it in Nintendo Power and being so stoked!
Whoops

Postby shadowfox » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:03 am

I remember loving Animaniacs! Another one I forgot was Freakazoid. I think they both were made by Steven Speilberg.
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Next

Return to Movies & Shows