Super Smash Bros.

Games, Videogames and the like.

Super Smash Bros.

Postby MrBaba » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:15 am

I'm curious if anyone else here has played the series before. Be it from the humble beginnings on the N64 to the latest entries for the Wii U and 3DS. If so, any favorite characters to use? Favorite stages? Which of the games was the most fun for you?

For me, my number one character for all 4 games is the one, the only, Captain Falcon. Dem majestic combos, dat hamminess, dat Knee of Justice, and of course his signature FALCON PUNCH!

Coming in as a close second, my favorite newcomer for Wii U/3DS, The Super Fighting Robot, Mega Man. He feels so good to control with his many, many projectiles and good spacing game.
MrBaba

Re: Super Smash Bros.

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:58 pm

I absolutely love Smash. First played it as a teenager when I visited my sister, my nephew had the original game and I tried it out. Then in college I played a Melee a bit with friends, really enjoyed that, but didn't actually own one until Brawl, which I played like a maniac. First game I played in tournament, really neat experience. I eventually managed to make 5th place in tournament with Bowser, who's one of the worst characters in the game.

That's awesome that you play Captain Falcon, I love him, too. The last tournament I went to, which was a Smash 4 tournament at LSU, I managed to reverse Falcon Punch a really good Falco player as he was trying to recover, and everyone behind me went crazy. Best feeling ever. That was my first Smash 4 tournament, I managed to make 7th out of 83 going Bowser and Captain Falcon, so I was happy with that. First time I've ever played Falcon in tournament, too. I've always played Falcon, but I feel I'm better with other characters and I've never been comfortable enough to actually try him out competitively until now. He's awesome in Smash 4.
Bragatyr

Postby MrBaba » Sun May 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Oh, yay another Falcon fan~

Another thing I love about Smash is the large number of remixes of various other Nintendo games and etc. So it's probably one of my favorite VGM OST out there (Which I feel is kinda cheating as it cherrypicks from other games and franchises.)

Also Dedede is best King in game.
MrBaba

Postby Whoops » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 pm

I've played all the Smash Games. Brawl is my personal favorite. With the newest installment for Wii U and 3DS being my least favorite.
Whoops

Postby MrBaba » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:20 am

And why so? I'm legitimately curious about that. I saw Wii U/3DS as an improvement from Brawl personally. (Thank you Sakurai for removing random tripping and adding some semblance of game balance.)
MrBaba

Postby Whoops » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:49 pm

ill give you places...
n64: 3rd
gc: 2nd
wii: 1st
wiiu/3ds: 4th

I didn't like the new characters they added...thats my biggest thing, they had plenty of other characters to choose from, I think they could of done better. I also dont like how terrible Mega Man is. I also dont like I have to pay for Lucas. The controls are strangely stiff as opposed to how fluent Brawls was. No Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt should of been Banjo Kazooie (I know it's a licensing issue but still) Wii Fit Trainer? REALLY? Too many FE Characters, we could have Roy, Marth, Ike and that's all we would need. Speaking of Fire Emblem characters, Why Lucina? why not Lyndis? The Support character from the last Smash Title? She was the first Fire Emblem character in the first Fire Emblem game Western Players saw in an english title. Who the hell is Lucina?...Greninja, really? we could of had Mewtwo and you went with Greninja?...Scyther would of been cooler than that!...Dark Pit, why why why is there a Pit clone? Well, atleast it's not an Olimar clone...Who the hell is Shulk?..Pac-Man...(just kidding im glad Pac Man is there...)

After we got Subspace Emissary I was expecting something even grander in scale, and was disappointed with the 1P Modes.
Lame Characters and Lame 1P mode.
I was just expecting something much greater than Brawl and had my expectations too high. Thats why
Whoops

Postby MrBaba » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:46 pm

>Mega Man
>Terrible
>Lame

>:T

That asides, it's interesting to see your views on the subject even if I don't necessarily agree with them myself (Though Banjo-Kazooie is a pipe dream that'll never happen sadly.). And Duck Hunt is so friggin' adorable. That be a trufax. :V
MrBaba

Postby Thrillhouse3880 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:29 am

Any one else remember/seen the commercial for the N64? That was probably the greatest and funniest commercial for anything advertised I have ever seen.
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one
-Bruce Lee

Deviantart account: http://kdogg09.deviantart.com
Check it out if interested.
Thrillhouse3880

Postby Whoops » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:41 pm

I do remember that...I feel like they looked like giant puppets. Yoshi, DK and Mario were in it. I was so stoked when Ness was in the original Super Smash Brothers. I loved Earthbound before Smash Bros was even a thing.
Whoops

Postby MrBaba » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Oh man, that was an awesome commercial. Easily one of my favorite VG commercials of all time. It's so memorable!
MrBaba

Return to Games section