Digimon World

Games, Videogames and the like.

Digimon World

Postby Whoops » Tue May 05, 2015 11:51 pm

Has anyone else played this game? I remember renting it from Hollywood Video as a child and begged my mother to get me a copy for me to own. I recently acquired a copy of it and am playing it right now. It's even better than I remember!
Whoops

Re: Digimon World

Postby CarnageCrayon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:49 am

I played it as a kind on the ps1, and it was very good in general, the only thing that bothered me was that the digivolving wasn't like in the anime. i remember having agumon and it didn't digivolve to greymon but some other digimon^^
CarnageCrayon

Postby Type0x » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Ha! My old thread about Digimon World before I lost my account! This is a great game, I don't know if any one played it, You get a digimon who you train, battle with and explore the expansive File Island...Depending on the stats they have and the friendship you have with your digimon it has different branches of evolution into new monsters...after a few in game days your digimon degenerates and goes to the lowest possible level of evolution, while retaining all the abilities it has learned. at this point you have more control as to the evolutionary chain and can have any of the dozens of available digimon. With each degeneration and "evolution cycle" you can make your digimon stronger and stronger, and new areas are opened tyo you until nothing stands in your way of saving File Island..

On that point it's almost similar to Dragon Quarter
Type0x

Postby elduderino » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:14 pm

It was a great game, had lots of fun playing it as a kid. I revisited it a couple of years ago, definitely a must-have in the library. The other games are bullshit, though. Digimon 3 is barely playable.
elduderino

Postby Type0x » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:27 pm

You are totally right. Digimon World 2 are 3 are garbage in comparison...It's such a shame that out of all the Digimon World games, the very first one is the best one. They never made a game with the same formula again! It's such a pity because of how great this game is. If it weren't for Breath of Fire III Digimon World would be my favorite Playstation game. But it stands as 2nd favorite.....I will say that Digimon World Dawn and Dusk for the Nintendo DS are the only Digimon games i've played outside of the original that were any good, and they are nothing like the original...If they re release Digimon World on PSN I may have to get the new Playstation System.
Type0x

Return to Games section