Undertale

Games, Videogames and the like.

Undertale

Postby labouka » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:18 pm

(Almost half a year of inactivity and the first thing I post is not about BoF...FML. XD)

ANYWHO, amidst my hiatus, I got to play Undertale, all available routes. And dear god, do I love it to death! Definitely deserves all the praise it gets! :grin:
So, now that I got more free time once again, I figured we might as well have a topic in here for others who may have also played this amazing game and talk about stuff. Of course, it should be noted that...

IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THE GAME YET, DO NOT READ THIS TOPIC, LEST THOU SHALT BE SPOILED. BADLY.

Anyway, with that warning out of the way, yeah, we can talk Undertale stuff here. I understand that this will probably not be a game for everyone (as I am not sure where the BoF fandom stands with it), but let's just say that, like most overhyped fandoms, if you stay on the saner sides of it, it is definitely not a bad game to experience and love. XD

To kick things off, let's discuss the fact that Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale was heavily influenced by...well...

This: https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/661231290109337602

We all are well-versed into the...situation that is BoF 2. XD

Although the real question here would be, are the better points of Undertale come from what few BoF 2 had, or all the bad points of BoF 2 (except the horrendous translation, thank god XD) transfered over to Toby's work too?

Fire away your thoughts about this, and other Undertale stuff you may wanna talk. And let's not give ourselves a bad time, shall we? XD
Click above to join the love siphoning. You won't (live long enough to) regret it! >:)
labouka

Re: Undertale

Postby Nina Windia » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:50 pm

I loved this game :D
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Type0x » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:21 pm

I want to try it...Is it true it is reminiscent of Earthbound? That's why I would play it
Type0x

Postby labouka » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:02 am

Type0x wrote:I want to try it...Is it true it is reminiscent of Earthbound? That's why I would play it

Although I have not played Earthbound myself, friends of mine who are lifelong fans of the series have said that it is similar in style and tone. Not sure about how similar the story's tone is, but if it's saying anything, Earthbound was also another from a long list of games that inspired Toby with elements of this game. It will definitely have something in there for you to remember from the Earthbound games. :D
Click above to join the love siphoning. You won't (live long enough to) regret it! >:)
labouka

Postby Type0x » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Excellent! I'm definitely going to try it once in done my replay of the original Breath of Fire
Type0x

Return to Games section