Tips For Newcomers

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Tips For Newcomers

Postby Type0x » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 pm

In this thread I was hoping we could post tips for new players of the series, You can post as many tips as you want for any of the games in an attempt to make the Breath Of Fire experience easier for new players :)
Let's have an example,

In Breath Of Fire II give the "Slice" spell you learn from the Wild Cat Cafe to Ryu. This way you will always have a way of taking out Chorkings and other enemies with Low HP and High Defense.
Type0x

Re: Tips For Newcomers

Postby Leonhardt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:07 pm

it it moves kill it - all games
Leonhardt

Postby Type0x » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:30 pm

In Breath Of Fire 1 after you get Karn, go to Auria and go through the story arc...when Gobi asks you for a G.Bar go to the cave that connects Auria and Bleak, there is a G. Bar in a chest that you can now access with Karn. (I always forget it!)
Or, ignore it and grind until you have enough to buy another one ;)
Type0x

Postby Hiro365 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:32 pm

In BoF II, hunt at every chance you get when you first start. Roasts sell for 200 zenni and are easily your best source of income for the early game, also they are great healing items.
Hiro365

Postby elduderino » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Get the melted blade from the corpse. You know the one.
elduderino

Postby shadowfox » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:12 am

In BOF III when you fight Balio and Sunder don't try to win the fight. It's unbeatable and you'll just drain your items.
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby -sparkle- » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:55 pm

BoF III: the best party members in the adult Ryu arc are Rei and Momo :wink:
-sparkle-

Postby Type0x » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:35 am

In Breath Of Fire II get the Stone Armor, I believe it is the best or second best armor for Rand in the game. If you fight the Stone Idols (Silver rocks with faces) by the campsite outside Simafort enough times they'll drop it. This armor will make Rand virtually indestructible for a majority of the game if you mange to get it early enough. Image
Type0x

Postby Nina Windia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am

Type0x wrote:In Breath Of Fire II get the Stone Armor, I believe it is the best or second best armor for Rand in the game. If you fight the Stone Idols (Silver rocks with faces) by the campsite outside Simafort enough times they'll drop it. This armor will make Rand virtually indestructible for a majority of the game if you mange to get it early enough. Image

I didn't know that!

I'm gonna try and go for it!
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Type0x » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Glad I could help!

In Breath of Fire III, Make sure to completely master Durandal's teachings, he his in the hidden alcove in between the walls of Windia on the world map. Mastering his teachings will unlock Hondara in Urkan Tapa...Study under Hondara until you learn Kyrie, use a Skill Ink to give the skill to Ryu before you finish the story arc in Angel Tower...Then, when you fight the Dragon Zombie in Duana MInes, use Kyrie and you will beat the boss in one hit :)

You could alternatively level up Garr until he learns Kyrie....I guess the lesson here is..."Use Kyrie on the Dragon Zombie"
Type0x

Next

Return to Breath of Fire discussion