Memorable Locations in Breath of Fire

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Memorable Locations in Breath of Fire

Postby MrBaba » Sun May 22, 2016 4:35 am

Alright people, here's another question that's been on my mind.

What game do you think has the most memorable places and locations and why? Because of the events that take place there? Or simply because it looks nice to you?
MrBaba

Re: Memorable Locations in Breath of Fire

Postby shadowfox » Thu May 26, 2016 10:31 pm

Ryu, Teepo, and Rei's tree fort. I would love to see or own a real life version of their place. Maybe its because I'm a guy but having your own fort would be sweet!
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby elduderino » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 am

Dragnier from BOF 3 comes to mind. The way it instantly gives a shit-is-real vibe as soon as you enter. Highfort's concept is not exactly novel, but it was a good setting too and the most memorable location in BOF 2 to me, apart from the final dungeon. Evrai, on the other hand, just sucked. Hardly a place that makes you think of a holy city, a setting for a pilgrimage, the seat of a church. Hearing the same little town ditty being used as its theme isn't exciting either.
elduderino

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Another really good question. I probably sound like a broken record but I have to go with 2 again on this one. Even the towns themselves are immensely memorable and all have their own character. Gate with its haunting history, Township with its hilarious beginnings and creative interface, most of them have their own interesting arc, and Highfort could practically be its own game with the amount of story and intrigue that goes on there. But some of the dungeons are so creative, the whale's stomach and Thieve's Tomb and the inside of a corpulent queen, not to mention a toilet.

I think locales play a big part in our memory of a game, which makes videogames such an interesting medium with its combination of visual art and story and music and architecture. And although in all honesty most of my most endearing memories from Breath of Fire 2 center around moments rather than places one of my favorite memories of the game is that creepy tract of woods behind the hunters' house near Windia when you go looking for the owl fruit. Masterfully creepy!
Bragatyr

Postby Type0x » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:51 am

I agree with Shadowfox on the tree fort in Breath of Fire 3. I also have an affinity for the small hut on Mt. Glaus. Something about that place, perhaps the excitement I felt when the Gnu arrived when I was very young...It's one of my favorite spots in the game.
Type0x

Postby Rurouni » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:38 am

To be honest, almost all from BoF3 since it's my favorite. Urkan Tapa and all its mythology with the Guardians is a cool and strange place. Genmel and the contest of champions is great too, I really enjoyed going around talking with people there, with the other contestants, seeing the arenas, and of course the hilarious line when you let Momo with Balio and Sunder XD

I think every BoF managed to make an unique scenario each time, always with different styles of music and setting that gives all the games a fresh atmosphere.
Rurouni

Postby MrBaba » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Hmm, for me it varies via game but I know I won't be forgetting Dragnier in II anytime soon, never expected it to be in the final dungeon of all places. Probably kinda sucked living there. :/

Kinda felt like the earlier games had weirder dungeons compared to the others.

Also never forget fat queen dungeon in II.
MrBaba

Postby GoldenFalchion » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:16 pm

I can only speak for the first three games.
Anyway in BoF I it was Bleak and Tunlan. Bleak because I liked the setting about a town which was ruled by thieves and of course the fact that the citizen even try to steal your money. Also the music was great and so sneaky, my girlfriend and I laughed so hard when we stepped for the first time and heared that sound Image .
Tunlan was a memorable city cause I liked the whole concept about talking throught music. The tropical location was also a nice variety to the normal towns and of course the whole story about Nina. I have to say that the Tunlan-Theme is my favourite from the first BoF-soundtrack.

In the secound part I have to say that Evrai, Windia, Gate, the cat restaurant and the very last room where you defeat Evan are my favourite places. I was so scared when all people got crazy in Evrai and not to talk about the events which happened in the cathedral. Cat Restaurant was faboulous when you had to answer the questions firstly before you could fight against the boss.
The last fight against Evan was very dramatic,I thought firstly I did something wrong when he froze my Party in that diamonds. Even when the boss was lame it was a remarkable event.

In BoF III I liked the treehouse from Rei and Teepo and the scary castle where you had to defeat the Mc Neil ghosts. Eden was also a awesome place even it was so sad to fight against the Dragon-lord Image

Im sure that I forgot many great places Image
GoldenFalchion

Return to Breath of Fire discussion