Underrated Characters in Breath of Fire

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Re: Underrated Characters in Breath of Fire

Postby Nina Windia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:04 am

Turbo852 wrote:I've just been going through BoF II to see if I can finally finish it after putting it off for so long. I just opened Infinity, so I'm definitely getting close!

Anyway, I was also doing a special project where I was taking screenshots of every piece of dialogue. Well, as you could imagine, this is very tedious and can take a long time. Whenever there is a decision, I also save state and explore all of the possibilities. I tried to visit TownShip and get everyone's comments frequently, but I'm sure I missed some. I also have some large swaths missing in a couple places, but I have saves throughout stored so that I can go back and get them later. I haven't, however, tried to change the party for everything just to see what everyone says. Although, I did just do that for the scene of opening the Gate.

So yeah, it's been kind of a ridiculous project, but fun to look back at the screenshots from time to time. I started doing this because I found an uncompleted script online once and thought that it would be fun to have a full script. I haven't tried hacking into the code to get the script, but instead decided to play through the game since I hadn't beaten it and it is my favorite of the series.

Anyway, I also wish they did more background of Yua and Valerie. And if the had the whole party be available at least for cutscenes, that would be nice. It is interesting to see how the things the characters say differ in certain scenes.

I wish you told me before... I already did it long time ago.

Or was it BoF 1? I need to check the files I have.

But even if I do have it, it was the version before the translation.

I do have the new script from Ryusui and I think the original one. I need to check the files.
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Turbo852 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:13 pm

Oh yeah? I'd love to see what you've done. I'd be interested in Bof I as well anyway.

I've started playing Ryusui as well, but I want to finish the original first.
Turbo852

Postby MrBaba » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:22 pm

That reminds me, gotta finish up the translated version of II. I do appreciate some of the changes they made for the script, like having some flavor to them and be coherent. :V
MrBaba

Postby Nina Windia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:44 pm

I am surprised Bow is not as friendly as he was before (He used to call Ryu "Buddy" all the time, and it's not like that in the re-translation). I know some parts are exactly what they were suppose to be (Joker telling Nina to lick his boots), but I dunno if Katt was supposed to be this naive/dumb like....

Anyway, it feels like playing a new game, so I'm greatful for this refreshing experience.
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby MrBaba » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:01 pm

I kinda noticed Bow's not saying buddy trait a bit, but boy did I noticed Katt's naivete / (lack of) intelligence in the new translation. You could make a case she was pretty naive in the original game, but here it's pretty obvious. Heard that it wasn't even intentional too.

Also we totally went off-topic here. :V
MrBaba

Postby Nina Windia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:53 am

I suggest another topic about it! :D
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Turbo852 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:19 pm

Even in the original, Katt calls herself dumb though.

I literally just took this screenshot a few minutes ago:

Turbo852

Postby Type0x » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:50 pm

I wish they would of given Deis different things to say during her stay in Township. Also, I wish Bockden (the recruitable elderly man in the cave by Gate) would of been useful...He talks about opening a Dojo. It would of been an awesome addition to the town of he actually DID anything. Also, Spar doesn't get e laugh credit...I recently picked up the GBA version and am doing this funny thing...go to Guntz, buy a bunch of ShaveIce and cook up a bunch of PowerFoods. I'm giving them all to Spar so hell turn into a viciously strong melee fighter
Type0x

Previous

Return to Breath of Fire discussion