Game*Spark survey about Capcom series

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Game*Spark survey about Capcom series

Postby Rurouni » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:53 am

Some time ago, Japanese gaming site Game*Spark made a survey through Twitter asking fans about what Capcom series they'd like to see revived, after Capcom commented on their plans to revive old/dormant franchises following Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

And they have posted the results.

Fans voted through hashtags and some select comments were posted on their site. Here's a quick list of all top franchises picks:

More than 200 votes: Mega Man Legends
More than 150 votes: Mega Man EXE
More than 100 votes: Mega Man X, Devil May Cry, Rival Schools
More than 50 votes: Mega Man (classic), Darkstalkers, Okami, Resident Evil Outbreak, Mega Man Star Force, Onimusha
More than 30 votes: Gotcha Force, Capcom vs. SNK, Breath of Fire, Dragon's Dogma

Lotsa Mega Man in there, Japan's thirst is real. Regardless, BoF got into the top lists even if a bit at the low end. Here are translations of the fan comments published by Game*Spark:

+ I was excited to take on a trip together with a party and the one who inherited the name and dragon transformation through the series. I want to play that ugly and beautiful world in a current-gen "consumer game"

+ The first dragon system in 3D was very special, and the graphics and story were also good. Now I want to play Breath of Fire again with today's technology.

+ The series returned from dormancy with a social game, but I didn't want that, I miss the old standard RPG.

+ I want Breath of Fire's main protagonist Ryu in a consumer game.

+ Breath of Fire VI...VI no 6.

+ Breath of Fire, not a social game.

Well, seems like BoF as a social game is not that much loved by Japanese fans either.
Rurouni

Return to Breath of Fire discussion