Favourite Song?

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Favourite Song?

Postby Spleepoppetween » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:48 pm

So whats everyone favourite song or songs from the series? I always really liked Wanderer from BoF II, not sure why but it just stuck to me since I was a kid. Maybe its the flute.

So what about you guys? Image

Edit: Forgot to mention I LOVE The First Emperor from IV
Last edited by Spleepoppetween on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spleepoppetween

Re: Favourite Song?

Postby Lin256 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:12 pm

I like a few songs from Breath of Fire series.
In BoF1 it's 'Alan and Kerl forever' (I think this music's name is correct? o.o), it's a very sad and beautiful melody and it make me cry;
In BoF2 I love music 'You must live' and 'God of Decadence', sounds of organ are so great *-*
In BoF5 Dragon Quarter - "Silver tone", Elyon's theme (I don't remember name of this music) and song "Castle imitation" in the end of game.
Last edited by Lin256 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit my BoF gallery on Deviantart: http://platinum-arc.deviantart.com
Lin256

Postby Spleepoppetween » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Lin256 wrote:I like a few songs from Breath of Fire series.
In BoF1 it's 'Alan and Kerl forever' (I think this music's name is correct? o.o), it's a very sad and beautiful melody and it make me cry;
In BoF2 I love music 'You must live' and 'God of Decadence', sounds of organ is so great *-*
In BoF5 Dragon Quarter - "Silver tone", Elyon's theme (I don't remember name of this music) and song "Castle imitation" in the end of game.

I really like God of Decadence too :smile:
Spleepoppetween

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Have to agree with some of the picks here, I love The Wonder/Wanderer, You Must Live, and especially The Decadence of God, such an amazing song. Most of my favorites are from 2, but 1 and 3 have awesome music too (still gotta play IV and V, which I plan to do soon). My absolute favorite would be hard to pick, but Stronger Monsters from 2 has to be up there, along with Our Journey, the final world map theme. But good lord, I could list music from 2 all day, it has such an amazing soundtrack.

From the first game I like Forest, In a Cave, Romero Cave, and the last regular battle theme. From 3 I love Island, the Genmel theme, Technology, the technological dungeon theme, and the second world map theme (sooo beautiful).
Bragatyr

Postby -sparkle- » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Mmhhh.
From Breath of Fire 1: I like the Battle Theme *__*
From Breath of Fire 3: For the Dragons, The world theme in both adult and child timeline, Donden, Life's a beach, Deis' Theme, but from all - I totally totally and really love THE DESERT OF DEATH with all of my heart !
Breath of Fire 4: Simply Man of War ! So damn amazing !
-sparkle-

Postby Turbo852 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:27 pm

From the first game, it is defintely the Sara/Alan Cerl theme. I also like some of the various town themes such as Bleak and Auria.
For the second game, it's hard to say for sure, but I do like the second battle theme a lot.

I'll have to think about the others a bit more.
Turbo852

Postby CarnageCrayon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Tough question tbh, i like the end credits from part 3 as well as the overworld themes, both, young and adult ryu.
I never really warmed up to the soundtracks of part 1 and 2, i guess mainly because of the evolving soujdneffects on the ps1 compared to the snes
CarnageCrayon

Postby shadowfox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:29 pm

BoFI: the dark dragon theme and Alan and Cerl theme. I actually learned to play the Alan/cerl theme on piano. its so sad and it fits with their story
BoFII: Left unspoken
BoFIII: the whole sound track
BoFIV: Truth and Dreams. also man o War was good
BoFV: Ranger base
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby labouka » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:08 pm

BoF's music is among the prime reasons of my love for the series. While I love every single one of them in all 4 games (haven't played V), these ones stand out the most within each game:

BoF I: The Dragon Warrior, Sara's Theme "Fate", Dark Dragons Theme, Overworld 1, Final Battle (Black Dragon)
BoF II: The Destined Child, Overworld 2, Battle 1, St. Eva's Church Theme, Final Battle (Lethal Dose)
BoF III: Crowing in the Night (bwaaaaak XD), Fighting Man, Donden, Angry Goddess (Deis FTW! :D), Tribute to the Dragons, Conflict of the Dragons, Pure Again, Final Battle (Self Determination)
BoF IV: Endings and Begginings (of course XD), Truth and Dreams, Thousand Wings, Go By Ship, Out of his Mind (Deis always get's the best themes! :D), A Man (and how! XD), Brave Heart, Final Battle (A Raging Emperor's Banquet)
BoF V: Maddening Heart (the only theme I know of the game, because I saw a YT video of it. It sounds like an important boss battle theme. XD)

(Please excuse the comments for each piece as the list progresses, I can't help my love for them. XD)
Click above to join the love siphoning. You won't (live long enough to) regret it! >:)
labouka

Postby Spleepoppetween » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Everyone has such good choices, the series really does have some good music going for it! Is there any tracks that people don't like at all? I'm sure there's something I find annoying but can't think of any off the top of my head XD
Spleepoppetween

Next

Return to Breath of Fire discussion