Favourite Song?

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Re: Favourite Song?

Postby MrBaba » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:42 am

Okies, having now played IV.

I can say that I am a fan of Bastard Sword and It's An Easy Win. Oh, and the world map theme as well. Kinda hard pressed to find songs I really liked in IV though. Maybe it didn't click with me much.
MrBaba

Postby thegreatBen » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:35 pm

I agree, I didn't like IV's music either. The song that plays on my fubi in BoF 2 is my favorite video game song of all time.
thegreatBen

Postby MrBaba » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:35 pm

I never said I didn't like IV's music, I just said I thought some of the other game's music appealed more to me.
MrBaba

Postby Type0x » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:43 pm

The underwater theme from BOF1
The song from the grassland behind the town of Gate in BOF2
The main world map of BOF3 (child)
Type0x

Postby GoldenFalchion » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:40 pm

BoF : Sarah Theme, Tunlan Theme, The Battletheme against Zog, Auria Theme, Bleak Theme,the secound overworld Theme, Gobi-Transform and the theme which apperead when you enter in a house.

BoF II : The god of decadence, Dying Corpses, The destined child, Barubary Battletheme, Memories and You must Live

BoF III : Pure again, Wyndia-Theme, Conflict of Dragons and Donden-Theme.
GoldenFalchion

Postby CoolHandLuke » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Lots and lots of good songs to choose from, but my two all-time favorites from the series are "Wanderer" from Breath of Fire II and "Falling Green (Cedar Woods)" from Breath of Fire III.

Wanderer:

Falling Green:

Seriously, that's respectively 16 and 32 bit video game music perfection right there.
CoolHandLuke

Postby Ryuuna » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:45 am

Actual song? Castle.Imitation by Chihiro Onitsuka (BoF V), that's how I discovered this great singer actually.

In game songs - BoF IV main theme, Men of War and BoF IV A Warring God. It's hard to pin down one element, however the way they mix elements from world music with oriental themes makes it remarkable. Differentiated from what you usually hear in JRPGs if you will. Plus, Fou-Lu was awesome in his own right.
Ryuuna

Postby ChaosPrime8 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:36 pm

I like the main theme of breath of fire. also while I do like the end credits theme, it does sound like a john Williams medley ripoff (some parts of the tune sound like superman and star wars).

face your destiny and more than words from breath of fire 2.

the battle theme in breath of fire 3 and I also like "island."

the main theme from 4 is pretty peaceful.

the forest theme from 3 sounds like a chrono trigger ripoff (especially the beginning, but that is not really a bad thing).

wanderers is a repetitive, but catchy tune
ChaosPrime8

Postby ChaosPrime8 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Ryuuna wrote:Actual song? Castle.Imitation by Chihiro Onitsuka (BoF V), that's how I discovered this great singer actually.

In game songs - BoF IV main theme, Men of War and BoF IV A Warring God. It's hard to pin down one element, however the way they mix elements from world music with oriental themes makes it remarkable. Differentiated from what you usually hear in JRPGs if you will. Plus, Fou-Lu was awesome in his own right.

you can't get more awesome than the final boss being playable and is a god that transforms into a dragon. I like how he is not necessarily evil, but is stubbornly misguided (although you can blame Yuna and his usurped Empire for that).
ChaosPrime8

Previous

Return to Breath of Fire discussion