Favourite Song?

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Re: Favourite Song?

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:17 pm

I really like the Bleak theme from BoF 1, too, Turbo852. And More Than Words/Left Unspoken is by far my sister's favorite song from BoF 2, shadowfox. Also, labouka, I love Donden and the final battle theme from III as well, and I love your choices from 2. I was curious, in regard to the St. Eva's Church theme, were you thinking of the standard theme found in all the churches in the game, or only the one in Evrai itself?

Hmm...Spleepoppetween, I'd have to think on tracks I really don't like. There are some I don't care for as much as others, obviously, but I can't think of a single track off the top of my head I really dislike.
Bragatyr

Postby Thetis » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:30 am

Favorites? Well...I like that unreleased track that you can hear in the bar at Nanai in BoFI by using the DrWrp. For some reason. It's an interesting little ditty. There's also a track that plays when you face that boss that shrinks you. You see a close-up of his face, and some awesome BGM plays. It doesn't loop, oddly, and I can't seem to find an mp3 of it anywhere...

I never finished BoFII. I think I got to Gate in the GBA version, although there were some notable pieces in there...can't remember.

For BoFIII, it was probably my least favorite soundtrack, but I did like Castle in the Sky. Pure Again didn't really agree with me, though.

I liked the majority of the battle themes in BoFIV, as well as the little ditty by the singer called The Unfading Ones. Wyndia's theme was cool too, and...and...there were so many good themes in this game. One of my favorite overall soundtrack.

I liked almost all of BoFV's music sans some of the dungeon themes. With the exception of the Central Ministry Area and maybe BioTech lab theme, and maybe PowerOne too. The characters themes were good too. This is probably a favorite too.

I heard the BoFVI song came out, and I do want to hear it before deciding whether I like it. :)
Thetis

Postby Elyon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:31 am

Self determination from BOFIII

Even towards death, Valiantly from BOFIV

Calling from a distance from BOFV

It's my favorite songs :grin:
Elyon

Postby Rastaban » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:10 am

My favorites all around are both from 3.
Self Determination and Guild.

However, Sonne from 4 gives me the chills sometimes, very sombre.
Also the mysterious tone of Twisted Bridge from 2 is very catchy.
Rastaban

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:29 am

Just wanted to pop back in here and say I've finally started playing IV (which is like a religious experience, I love Breath of Fire), and I'm loving the music. I wasn't sure the more measured, symphonic feel was going to grow on me, but with each new piece I'm feeling like it's an amazing soundtrack.

My favorites so far are The World Beneath Your Feet (world map theme), It's an Easy Win (standard battle theme), Working Today, Too (Chamba theme), and Song of the Plains (Worent theme). Those vocal calls in that last one are just chillingly good.
Bragatyr

Postby Nina Windia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:24 am

The original theme of BoF! I always liked this one. I also love the battle songs from the third game and the fanfare of the first game
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Whoops » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:18 am

Choosing a favorite song of the whole series is difficult, One of my favorites is Underwater from BOF1 and The overworld theme as a child in BOF3
Whoops

Postby shadowfox » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:12 am

I forgot about this song from BOF1. I don't know the name of it but it would play during some of the cut scenes with Zog and I always felt like it made him seem like a super bad ass villain.
http://youtu.be/7GNE0wTrvNE?t=2m42s
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby MrBaba » Thu May 21, 2015 2:14 am

Hmm... as far as games I've played, I'm quite a sucker for the battle themes personally, with I's random Battle themes being a good one. Do love me II's Dying Corpse and Our Journey as well.

I've got plenty from III though. Without a Care, Do Your Best, DONDEN, An Offering to the Dragon, Fighting Man, The Town Loved by Wind, To a Distant Place, Turning Point (I thought this was the final dungeon theme at first), Battle in the Coming Days (Haaaate that the OST version has sound effects in it. ><), Dragon asymmetry and Self-Determination. I'll probably think of more when I can.
MrBaba

Postby Bragatyr » Tue May 26, 2015 2:51 am

Our Journey really is so beautiful. One of my favorite overworld themes from an RPG ever. And Donden is so face-meltingly awesome it's unbelievable.
Bragatyr

PreviousNext

Return to Breath of Fire discussion