Most memorable moment in Breath of Fire?

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Most memorable moment in Breath of Fire?

Postby Bragatyr » Tue May 26, 2015 2:59 am

It's such a great series, and there are so many memorable moments in it. Unbelievably tragic events, the deaths of characters we love, heartrending separations and inconceivable revelations.

For me personally it comes down to the opening of Breath of Fire II. I know a lot of it comes down to Barubary for me, but I think without much doubt that for me the moment when the hero closes his eyes and sees this horrific, burning eye slowly open up and demand that we become God's strength pretty much takes the cake. I'm sure a lot of kids were scarred by that, ha ha.
Bragatyr

Re: Most memorable moment in Breath of Fire?

Postby Whoops » Thu May 28, 2015 1:01 am

Wow this a tough one. There's so many. One especially powerful one was when you have to face Ganer in Evari.

or Rand's mother...Or Sten's reuniting with the princess and thats just BOF2
Whoops

Postby Pabupabupukapuka » Thu May 28, 2015 2:20 pm

For me one of the most memorable moments was in BoFIV. It's the scene involving Scias at the Tower of the wind. I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the lightheartedness of that scene leading into a battle.

Breath of Fire III, when the dragonlady that mightve been Ryu's mom tells him he is a TRUE dragon. I thought it was a bittersweet moment considering the fact Ryu was still learning who was, yet the lady only appears for like 10 seconds and had confidence in him nonetheless.

BoF V, when Ryu tells Lin he wants to save Nina and Lin tells Ryu he's "crazy, but no necessarily wrong." Really inspirational little moment between those two that made me want to know how everything would turn out in the end.

I know those last two moments i mentioned werent very dynamic scenes, but to me its the meaning behind these scenes that are memorable.
Pabupabupukapuka

Postby Bragatyr » Sun May 31, 2015 3:04 am

Whoops wrote:Wow this a tough one. There's so many. One especially powerful one was when you have to face Ganer in Evari.

or Rand's mother...Or Sten's reuniting with the princess and thats just BOF2

Seriously, though, BoF II has so many. Rand's mother is a big one for me as well, as is Clare and Tiga in Evrai.

But that moment when the dragon voice spoke to Ryu in III was very powerful to me, too. I thought the dialogue there was really good, and they did a good job of giving Ryu's past a sense of mystery, so when that happened...wow.
Bragatyr

Postby Thetis » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:04 am

Some of my personal favorites:

I: The dramatic moment when Ryu finds his sister Sarah, and is forced to kill her.

II: Mina sacrificing her life to resurrect the power of the Great Bird. Tiga and Claris's deaths. Rand's mom saving her son and dying. I have yet to see any of the endings, so I can't comment on those. Though the sad ending is reportedly very...sad.

III: The moment in Angel Tower when Garr reveals that he has to assassinate Ryu to complete his mission. Waking up in the mines several years later when Garr finds him again. The scene with Deis beating up Garr right after waking while completely naked. The sequence before the final battle when Myria disperses everyone, infuriating Ryu and making him attack her.

IV: Nina finding a naked Ryu in the desert. Fou-lu's scenes with Mami, and the last scene when he discovers her bell after taking a direct hit from the Carronade. The scene where Nina IV stops Ryu from mauling poor Ursula in full enraged Kaiser mode. The last scene before Ryu and party fight Fou-lu and convince him that there are good humans out there. Ershin remarking that Ryu will be fine because Nina has him wrapped around her finger.

V: When Ryu goes D-Mode on Bosch while protecting Nina. The scene where the track, "The First Decision," plays in the labs where Ryu decides to take Nina to go to the sky in order to keep her alive. Lin's tails getting yanked by Jezuit. And the whole ending sequence. :)
Thetis

Postby LoDebar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:52 pm

The whole Evrai sequence, really. Tiga and Claris dying is shocking enough. Then fighting Ray, and the music that plays as he's dying. Then Daisy. And then Ganer, begging to be killed.
LoDebar

Postby CarnageCrayon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 am

In Breath of Fire 3: When Ryu met Rei again after fighting him as a Weretiger. It was so bittersweet. On the one hand I was really glad to see him back in the game, but you could also see how hurt he was and what a toll the past few years were on him.

BoF4 would be the moment Ryu turns Kaiser for the first time near the abandoned villiage.
CarnageCrayon

Postby Halabacatcha » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:19 am

For comedic value, it definitely has to be the awakening of Deis in Breath of Fire III (especially if your have Nina in your party at the time.)

But out of pure badass-ness, it is totally Ryu transforming into a Kaiser in Breath of Fire IV (he goes fuckin super saiyan!)
Peace.
Halabacatcha

Return to Breath of Fire discussion