Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Breath of Fire 6 Meets Its End

Postby Nina Windia » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Nina Windia
Site Admin

Re: Breath of Fire 6 Meets Its End

Postby Rurouni » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:06 pm

It's a shame they couldn't finish it releasing all the chapters at least, they cut the game in the middle... They even deleted the second anime video that was the "second part" of the plot... and that will never see the light :/

I can't say it was a great game. In fact, it was terrible and boring to play like almost all mobile games, but I was more interested in the plot and characters as a part of the BoF universe that I love so much. It was getting interesting with the inclusion of Deis and with the stuff we could see in the anime promo. I was really excited and waiting to see all those characters and where was going the story. Now I don't even know the names of the other 2 enemies included in the manga and in the second video (the woren and the magical girl). I found two images in a Japanese blog with the titles for not-released Episodes 9 and 10 "Crescent Island" (the Kamaitachi land and probably where you would fight against Hanzo) and "Secret of the Dragon"... I'm really sad about this, a part of the BoF universe that I will never see or know...

It's sad when you can't see the end of something you was following and supporting with effort. But it's how it is. Capcom is like that. Fandoms are like that too. I will try to translate all the material this game had, even if it's not complete... but it's not going to be easy thinking every second "what could happen next?" and never knowing xD

I think we should start a campaign on social media, right now and all the time we could, tweeting to Capcom with a HT saying to bring back BoF to consoles. I really would love if the could make a game and use the same plot and characters BoF6 had, but I know it's not gonna happen. So I only want to take this as an opportunity for the franchise. The worst thing is that I know all the people that were ranting about BoF6 will not going to help in any campaign for a new BoF because they are dumb useless scum, but well... we're a really small groups that loves BoF with our souls and hearts...
Rurouni

Postby Nina Windia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:12 pm

I was waiting for your input on the matter.

I am sad that those that are enjoying it, or some of the game parts will not see the ending, and the idea I won't be able to try it out also upsets me.

I kinda hope they will remake it for the systems (not phones or mobiles), in a better, close theme to breath of fire (I don't mind if they use the same story the planned too)
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Rurouni » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:38 am

Don't worry about not playing it. As I said, the game was terrible in that aspect. I think it's because it was planned as a small mobile game (when the kingdoms names were Schwarz and Weiss and not Insidia and Grantz) and in some point they decided to make a better game for PC too with more story, but that ended in a game that was in the middle of both things and that was for the worst xD I saw it more like a graphic novel than a game.

Even the main characters were so useless, except for Peridot and Masamune because you can evolve them like almost every generic fellow in the game. But Gilliam, Amelia and Jubei didn't had that option and when you advance in the game the only usefull fellows were the evolved from 5 stars. Nina was not playable at the end either, and that's sad when you think that even 2 characters from Pretty Cure were playable xD

The main story characters ended like useless NPC. It's not a bad idea to reclute people from other races that you can train and use whenever you want, but they did it the wrong way as almost everything in the gameplay. Like... you could get an infinite number of every fellow... so you could play with 3 Peridots at your side at the same time... sounds stupid, right? And almost 99% of the fellows were useless when you reach advanced chapters, so if you liked a 3 star Fellow and you leveled him up with effort (and not so much, since here you fuse them with Faeries to level up...) there's a moment where that Fellow can't be more powerful than it is and that way is completely useless. So you need to search a better one, maybe you didn't like how he looks, but hey shut up and use him because there's no other option, at the end they don't have personalities neither so don't miss them. And how do you search new ones? With luck, spending Dragon Crystals or other items wishing lady luck to smile at you and "won" a good Fellow. In a serious game that would work if you could get new Fellows only ONE time and they are equally useful when you advance. It's like if you get Rei at first, you reach his max level and still is useless no matter what you do.

That's some of the things I didn't like and still played it for the story. As a part of the BoF timeline that IMO was very well done with some details like Wyndians without wings and the connection with the Dragon Clan.

A remake in systems would be nice. But right now we can see this from Capcom's point of view and say BoF it's not a franchise that will give them money in consoles if it was a fail in mobile, they even give the game more marketing than other mobile games and released a webcomic, a manga, a graphic novel, 2 anime videos, a new website for BoF6 and other with all the franchise, 2 soundtracks, a Cosplay presentation with the six Ninas, etc. After all this and BoF being a franchise with his last normal game released 15 years ago, what would you do with it if you are Capcom?

Even if my dream is to see again the characters from BoF6 I know it's almost impossible. They will throw all the stuff away and pretend it never existed. And maybe start from 0 again after 10 years of nothing xD It's a hard time for games with such a small fandom with not a loud voice. So... #MakeBoFGreatAgain will have to wait xD
Rurouni

Postby Boss » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 am

A lot of people still remember the classic BoF titles as good games. What better way to awaken interest in the series than make a solid new game? If you look at the old games in the series, there's plenty to improve upon and modernise. New Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei done in the old-school style are still being released, so I'd imagine the real reason why we don't see any more games is that there's nobody to work on them.

How well did the older BoF games sell?
Boss

Postby Rurouni » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:43 am

Boss wrote:A lot of people still remember the classic BoF titles as good games. What better way to awaken interest in the series than make a solid new game? If you look at the old games in the series, there's plenty to improve upon and modernise. New Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei done in the old-school style are still being released, so I'd imagine the real reason why we don't see any more games is that there's nobody to work on them.

How well did the older BoF games sell?

Define "a lot of people". Because I love BoF but I'm aware that this fandom is quite small. BoF sales were never a blockbuster compared to other Capcom series. Plus it was another time when it was easier to fulfill expectations for a Company. Now they make very expensive games with years of development, not a time to take a risk with a franchise that's not going to be a sure bet.

And to be honest, this fandom is complicated. Fifteen years after BoFV and we still can't think a way to help our beloved game all together. We are a small active group doing things and trying, not enough to give Capcom a reason to consider a new game on systems or at least a portable or virtual console.

I don't know, Capcom said something about bringing back old series, but I really don't know if BoF is going to be one of those. But then again, like BoF6 we probably will have the fandom divided between "we need to support the game to get more" and "this is the worst! Kill the franchise! It's already dead!" xD
Rurouni

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion