What's with all the hate?

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: MrBaba

Re: What's with all the hate?

Postby -sparkle- » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:13 am

In my opinion, those guys are just looking over the Screenshots and saying "It's ugly, it's not BoF !" "It's for mobile ? No BoF !" "It's like this and that game ! That's not BoF !"
I am staying neutral, I don't know the story so far, just looking over pictures, characters and gosh they seem interesting !
Just because it's a mobile game or uses "pixels" or whatever this feature is called, it doesn't mean that the story might not be the actual leading part and that's what I am hoping for.
Those People are just used to 3D graphics and whatever.

The only things which are annoying me the most:
First: The Princess, Nina. She doesn't look like herself, oh nice, she's blonde, she has wings, but I don't see or feel any Nina in there. No BoF Nina at least. But I will see about it when I get a look at her personality.
Second: Nina's clothes, could she at least wear less clothes, please ? She's a princess, god not a lust object !
Also: Where's Ryu ? I didn't see any Ryu in there, is he in there ?
-sparkle-

Postby Thetis » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm willing to give the game chance. I would have loved it if they had picked something like the 3DS and I hope my computer can run it, or some other things, but they can't please everyone.

I'll write more when I catch up on the updates. From what I saw, it looks very interesting, although I confess there were some misgivings...
Thetis

Postby Spriggen » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:30 pm

me ill get it but until i complete it ill remain sceptical on how well it does or doesn't do for that matter

on a side note i am a little disappointed its on mobile devices since its such a competitive market its gonna be hard the first few months of release, even though it will come out on pc i think mobile version will sell better purely based on that's were the market is and the portability of devices.
Spriggen

Postby Rurouni » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 pm

CarnageCrayon wrote:There's just so much that's so disconserting about the new game, like nina not having wings or not playing ryu as main character.

Nina has wings. The producer said in the first update: "Well, there was one thing I thought I needed to explain as soon as possible after opening the Facebook, related with
Nina's wings which almost all fans of the series have asked about.
Yes, of course she has wings! It's just I was intentionally delaying the reveal...
Because we are actually producing the animation for the PV image, where the wings of Nina will first appear..."
With this image
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10348311_493472584086107_5151604695117183093_n.jpg

I really like the detail. If you remember, in Bof3 there were only 3 people with wings (Nina, the butler and one old man). So now, lot of years after, it's a natural process and part of the continuity to make the wings "disappear" in some way.

Also: Where's Ryu ? I didn't see any Ryu in there, is he in there ?

Producer said in the second update: "In 'BOF6', you are allowed to freely create a character. For those who say "So, Ryu's not coming back?", please pay close attention in the future for the 'Tale of the White Dragon'".

They like to tease :lol:
Rurouni

Postby CarnageCrayon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:22 am

Ok maybe i skipped that while reading, sry^^ ill take it back of course.

When we're able to make our own charakter, will imat least be able to choose the woren-clan, like rei or cray, cause its always been my favourite.
CarnageCrayon

Postby Rurouni » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:35 am

Sorry, but I think that's not going to be possible. The "hero" is probably always a human-like with the power to transform into a Dragon. The other characters (Nina, Gilliam, etc.) and races are the Fellows, AI-controlled characters that will help in battle.

At least for now, they've shown only humans in the place of the "hero". Would be weird if a Woren could transform into Dragon.

I made a topic in this section with all the info released of the game. I noticed some people didn't know all the plot details, like this being a sequel to Bof3, more than a thousand years after.
Rurouni

Postby CarnageCrayon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:52 am

I followed some of it over the facebook page, i was just hoping, that if they do an mmo, they really gonna make it mmo, choosing differen races, different skillsets and everething. I would have loved to play a woren who, like rei, can turn into a weretiger.
CarnageCrayon

Postby RememberTheAGES » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:52 pm

I must have missed that point that it is set after Breath of Fire 3 which I'm glad to see that they are continuing with the continuity of the story line.

For someone who would turn his computer on and search for Breath of Fire 6 and years of never seeing or hearing any news of a release to all of the sudden have it made into manifestation. I can't tell you how excited I am to see it! I know it's a mobile game and as of now strickly for Japan but like many have said before, I'm still going to play it. I don't know why people are upset, they are getting Breath of Fire 6 and for me I'm happy to see that happen.

Now whether it's good or not we'll have to see when the game is finish. Fingers crossed here.
RememberTheAGES

Postby SlippingLeg » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:00 pm

After waiting for bof6 for about 10 years or so, I'm rather disappointed by the overview of the new game, maybe because I waited too long and I was expecting something different.
SlippingLeg

Postby NukaCola » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:05 pm

CarnageCrayon wrote:There's just so much that's so disconserting about the new game, like nina not having wings or not playing ryu as main character.

Nina DOES have wings in this one!

http://www.pixelitis.net/news/breath-of-fire-6-beta-testing-new-details-emerge

“Yes, of course she has wings! It’s just I was intentionally delaying the reveal…Because we are actually producing the animation for the PV image, where the wings of Nina will first appear… A considerable effort was put in the scene of the wings to draw close to get a great image.”

And despite people not being able to play as Ryu, the official FB/Twitter BoF6 page has been hinting at him being in the game for months now.
NukaCola
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion