What's with all the hate?

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: MrBaba

Re: What's with all the hate?

Postby Kayo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:54 am

Bragatyr wrote:You know, I was just thinking, I'm curious as to how people tend to feel about 5 and 6 in comparison. I haven't played Dragon Quarter yet, but I know there are a lot of people who feel that it's a low point for the series, or at least a deviation, and one reason for that is the art style, which was a lot darker. 6 at least seems to have that brighter tone that the early games in the series were known for, so I find that kind of interesting.

Dragon Quarter was buggy as hell and had a stupid token system for saving. Not to mention a Dragon meter so you could, potentially, screw yourself if you had it too high as it is pretty much always needed for killing bosses because of their cheap regenerating shield. The art style, like you said, was different... but gez, I think that was the game's least problem.

Ya, I'm glad they are going back for that "brighter tone" too, since all the other games shared that (or at least comparatively to Dragon Quarter).
____Image
Kayo

Postby Boss » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 am

Kayo wrote:Dragon Quarter was buggy as hell and had a stupid token system for saving. Not to mention a Dragon meter so you could, potentially, screw yourself if you had it too high as it is pretty much always needed for killing bosses because of their cheap regenerating shield. The art style, like you said, was different... but gez, I think that was the game's least problem.

It's not until the very end of the game that bosses start running Absolute Defence, actually, so that's not a worry for most of the playthrough. Even still, the bosses you mention can still be defeated without D-Dive if you conserve your AP for the next turn and then go all out with Shatter combos and whatnot (or have Nina serve as Lin's Transfer Bot each turn). There's just one (obvious) case where the dragon powers have to be used.
Boss

Postby Elyon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Well... It's not like the other parts BOF. Where is Ryu? Why Nina does not have wings? Why Deis called Peridot? @_@
Elyon

Postby Spleepoppetween » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Elyon wrote:Well... It's not like the other parts BOF. Where is Ryu? Why Nina does not have wings? Why Deis called Peridot? @_@

Apparently Nina does have wings (doesn't look like she does to me but eh) and they were kind of teasing people with the thought of Ryu, so maybe they will just shove a cameo appearance in there or maybe he will become a fellow? Its not the same but I guess its something.
Spleepoppetween

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:45 pm

You know, in all fairness, if the game is good I personally wouldn't care at all if Ryu is playable or the main character or if any of the other conventions of the series are changed. I'm not opposed to change, and I'd be just as happy playing a game with someone like Rand or Garr or whatever where the focus was a little different and not only aimed at the dragon clan and all that. It's just that the format and the game itself looks so suspect so far, to me. It very much seems that it was intended as some generic game and was only changed in mid-development to cash in to the very enthusiastic Breath of Fire fan base.
Bragatyr

Postby Pabupabupukapuka » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:44 pm

The reimaging of the Woren people is cringe worthy and disrespectful lol. I'm okay now with trying to be open to a new style, but the new team could have been more considerate of the past material.

Other than that I'm getting over my cringe phase and currently learning to be more open to the new changes.... Plus I'm guessing that the worens have already been drawn in the anime PV full version, so it might be too late for a revision =[....
Pabupabupukapuka

Postby -sparkle- » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:10 am

Okay I thought about this for awhile:

Rurouni said that Capcom likes to tease everyone about Ryu, right ?

In all honesty I have to agree with Bragatyr. I don't care if Ryu is gonna be playable or a main character, I care about the story, but it doesn't mean I would not like to see him.
So back to the teasing:
I do think that there's gonna be a Ryu, I mean Capcom raised hope for a lot of people (I guess) and I am sure they don't want to disappoint us, right ? Right ???!
Ryu always have been a symbol of BoF so he HAS to be in the game !

And now comes my idea:
How about that: he's going to be a master ? He's gonna teach our character becoming a dragon or controling our dragon state ?
Or maybe he's the king ? Nah I like the master idea better ^^;
maybe he's a secret master ?

(well if there gonna be masters ... would be sad if not)

I hope it's gonna be revealed soon, I hate waiting for that ;^;
-sparkle-

Postby Rurouni » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:53 am

Ryu is going to be. Don't know how, but I think the producer knows he must use Ryu, it's a basic thing. I would like him to be a master or the main character that appears in the PV. Or maybe something very important for the story.

Just the other day I was seeing the vid for the new Marvel game and some guy started rambling about Capcom, then someone said to him that Capcom was not involved. Seems like the hate for Capcom is really something and I bet some people just hate Bof6 because of this.
Rurouni

Postby Boss » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Who's the female that appears on the game's website by the way? Is it one of the possible "My Unit" type lead characters, or just the singer given her sprite to look like somebody from the game? The latter would make sense as I see the resemblance... I think.

Anyway, I guess I'm there with the people who really don't like the character designs at all. So generic.
Boss

Postby Rurouni » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:40 am

Boss wrote:Who's the female that appears on the game's website by the way?

That girl is the bonus Fellow "Ruka" which will be usable with a code coming with the single CD "Fantastic Soda!!" from Haruka Tomatsu, who will also be her voice actress.

It's just a promotion, which is probably why its just a headswap of Peridot...
Rurouni

PreviousNext

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion