New Breath of Fire 6 Info Topic

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: -sparkle-

New Breath of Fire 6 Info Topic

Postby Rurouni » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:46 am

Ok, here it is, everything that's been released with the new promotional site. First of all, Sugiura's comments from the official Facebook page:

It's producer Sugiura. The official service for "BOF6" has been decided and It will start at the end of 2015. I deeply apologize to everyone who's looking forward. I'm truly sorry. The reason to have it at the end of 2015 is to allow us to conduct a "preview test" of the Android version in summer-autumn mid 2015, this test evaluation and your opinions will firmly influence its release.

In addition, I steered its direction to a full-fledged online RPG instead of a social app. This is a RPG story and worldview, and I wanted to stick to a full-scale production, so...I get the feeling that its volume has become larger than expected. I was going to judge as Sugiura in what direction i wanted so, for the reasons stated above, give me some time now.

As for the apology, I cannot help it, but I went and published as much of the finished game content as possible in the official promotional site. It's a part of the grand story of "BOF6", even if its a little I think everyone should find it pleasant. After this please continue following "Breath of Fire 6: Guardians of the White Dragons".

In addition, today we have released the full version of the animated PV. Although its full-length is the highlights, Sugiura's favorite is when "Nina" spreads her white wings to match the beautiful BGM and the Dragon Song. I'd appreciate it greatly if you take a look.

Now onto the story side, which have got some changes, most notably in the name of the two warring factions: the "Schwartz Empire" and "Weiss Kingdom" are now called "Insidia Empire" and "Granz Kingdom".

PROLOGUE
A long time ago, in the era of myths. There existed a clan with noble virtues comparable to gods, possessing a mighty power that surpassed all other living beings. Through this clan known as the "Dragon", the world enjoyed great prosperity and progress.

And then, one day, the Dragon Clan divided itself into the "White Dragons" and the "Black Dragon", and they began an intense war. When these great dragons collided, they caused natural disasters; the world fell in ruins, and many lives were erased in their wake.

Eventually, the activities of a brave young man put an end to the conflict.

And many years later...
The war of the White Dragons and Black Dragons became a legend, and that legend became a myth, but now it is once again trying to bring back the chaos from the times of the Dragons.

Surrounded by steep mountains stands the northern military nation, the Insidia Empire.

"Only under a single "Power", there will be equality in the world, with neither strong or weak men,"

Under this "Great Idea" from the current emperor Steinberg, the Empire Army marches towards world unification. In front of the "Black Dragon Knights" booasting of overwhelming force with the latest combat weapons gathered from the best of technology, many countries succumbed, and the Empire went on to swallow all territories.

People lost their safe haven, their family, even their own life.

Those who stood in front of the smoldering smoke from burnt ruins, those who held the dead bodies of their loved ones, and those who, as their consciousness faded away, wished for the emmergence of a hero that'd wipe away the tyrannical Empire.

And now, once again in response to those wishes, the blood of the Dragon starts pulsating. To stand against fate, together with the guardians...

The Collapse of Dragnier Village

Flames spread in all directions, growls raising up strong enough one would want to cover their ears.

Black smoke fueled by hot air fell upon mercilessly, enough to make your eyes bleed tears.

"You okay?"

The traveling bard - Peridot, stared at you with those emerald eyes, as she asked.

You nodded reflexively.

However, in the face of this enormously cruel reality, your foot were still trembling.

Until yesterday, it was the village where everyone lived happily, now you're trying to clear away the ashes from many other victims.

"It's not impossible. We should search alone."

You shake your head, and take one step forward with trembling legs.

Under your feet, the fragile burnt wood breaks apart, releasing some sparks.

"Let's go"

Peridot said quietly, but in a forceful tone.

"There must be other survivors. Even alone, we will rescue as many of the villagers."

You and Peridot found two survivors.

"Tell me, what exactly happened?"
Peridot was casting a healing spell as she asked them.

One of the survivors, the elder Jubei from the Kamaitachi Clan, with his old eyes, answered while hiding his sorrow and hatred.

"The Empire. The Insidia Empire's army has suddenly attacked."

Those incredible words were shocking.
"No way...such a small village, why?"

"That's something I'd want to know!"

The other survivor, the heavy-muscled carpenter from the Wolba Clan Gilliam, raises his voice.
His eyes turn bloodshot, his clenched tusks losing to pressure, they could snap at any moment.

"Really, it was too sudden. I, he resisted desperately, but...he's...

Gilliam's words were clogged up. Then, his saddened look suddenly changed as he turned his sight to you.

"...I'm sorry. Your big brother, he..."

Understanding the meaning of what he said, you took a moment to breath,

Kyaaaaa!

"That's Amelia's voice!" Gilliam leaped out.
"That lamb woman, she's been living nearby!"

Even while his face was distorted by pain, Jubei somehow also stood up.
"Let's hurry. That was no ordinary scream."

You, Peridot and the two survivors rush to the location of the voice. In between the fire, that woman would probably be helpless.

Just when you tried to hurry to the source, accompanied by a rumbling, your feet shook strongly. An explosion deafening your ears, surrounded by the hot wind from flames. As soon as the buzzing subsided, sparks flew in the open sky, and finally it stood in front of you. A huge dragon with bright burning flames, one that shouldn't exists, a creature from myth, quietly looked down on you.

Encounter with Nina

"Look, Look! Something, is that?"

While exploring the surrounding ruins, Amelia raises her innocent voice as she points to a part of the building.

"Judging from the structure, a sort of dock..."
Gilliam shrugs.
"But why would there be a dock in the middle of the woods?"

"Hmm"
Jubei rubbed his chin as he stared intently at that part.

"According to the legends, the Dragon Clan possessed advanced technology, capable of making a city float across the sky... If those ruins are the work of the Dragon Clan, this dock is probably a remains of that."

Amelia's eyes shone strongly.
"Nice! And, were there also flying ships?"

In contrast, Gilliam let out a wry smile.
"That's ridiculous. That's just some kind of fairy tale. Boss, when did you became a writer of fairytales?"

"Huh, you are a fool."
Jubei said in a joking tone, then turned away.

Seeing such an exchange, you can't help but smile. The villagers have regained their former tone. From that tragedy, they are recovering gradually.

"I wonder if there's something else? If I will find a ship which can sprout wings ♪"
"Hey! We are not here to play. We are looking for Ryu..."

And then, "Hwaa!!!".
It was a shout from the leader of the Paketa Guild, who came alongside the group.
Everyone rushed to the guild leader's position. And then, they discovered......

"Oh, a girl...?"

A beautiful long hair that resembled gold.
Crystal-clear white skin.
Delicate arms that gave the impression they'd break if even a bit of strength was applied, covered in mysterious white clothes.

"Hey, cheer up!"
Amelia hug at the shoulders, holding her upper body tight.

The girl led out a small sight and a "Ugh", faintly opening her eyes.

"Are you allright?"
At Gilliam's question, the girl nodded weakly.
The girl hush her eyebrows, and twists her body painfully.
"My...name is Nina...but other than that..."
She then stopped talking.

"You don't remember?"
At Jubei's question, Nina once again shook her head positively.
With an uneasy look still on her face, Nina inadvertently throws her sight at you. Then, gasping in surprise, she stares right at your eyes.

You can't keep your eyes off Nina's face.
Her dim eyes, grabbing onto your very soul, as if they were to accuse something.

A suspicious light dwells in Nina's pupils. And then, slipping through Amelia's hands, she suddenly stood up.

"Ryu...is calling..."

She murmured, and pulling something, Nina turned and walked away into the interior of the ruins.

"W--wait! Did you say "Ryu"? Do you know Ryu?"
Jubei's shouts didn't reach her, Nina appeared to be in a state in which she lost her identity, and disappeared in the unsteady darkness.

"W-what should we do?"
"What to do...such a place is dangerous for one person!"

The three turn their sights to you as their representative.
Without hesitation, you decide to chase and protect the young girl.

And thus, you and your three partners set foot into the ruins filled with many traps and strange wandering monsters.

CHARACTER BIOS

Hero/Protagonist
Born and raised in Dragnier Village. Was the village representative or "Headman" together with his brother. In order to rebuild the village that was burnt down by the Empire's army, as well as to search for his brother who disappeared during the raid, he stands up with his friends.

Nina
"Dragon...? Wings...? Nothing, I can't remember..."
VA: Kyoko Hikami (Yes! Nina's seiyuu is back once again!)
A girl from the Wing Clan with a beautiful voice and a miraculous singing ability. She has lost all memories other than her name, and always shows an anxious expression while smiling. Her singing voice is connected with the "Dragon Song" which will bring a significant change to the hero's fate.

Gilliam
"That's a nice thing to say! In short, wouldn't it be nice if I just defeat these guys?"
VA: Hiroki Yasumoto
A warrior of the Wolba Clan which boasts a strong body. In contrast to his appearance, he's kind to family and friends, and has been adored as a big brother all around the place. However, he's got a bit of a lack of subtlety, and some people (specially Amelia) can often anger him with a few casual words.

Amelia
"Ahh...my stomach's emptyyyy..."
VA: Mai Nakahara
A woman from the Algar Clan with a laid-back, mild personality. Although she exudes a somewhat intellectual atmosphere, she has a childish side, for example becoming furiously moddy if she doesn't want to carry out something. Gilliam seems to regard her as a little weak.

Jubei
"Still, we must move forward. Since this is our village."
VA: Hiroshi Naka
An elder from the Kamaitachi Clan with an eyepatch. Although stubborn, excentric, and reluctant to relate himself with others, he's in essence a good man and, since he helps out even when not asked, he's very loved by the villagers.

He's familiar with the village's traditions and lore.

Teaching Girl
"Yahoo! Everyone, it's the Teaching Girl! Nice to meet you after so long!"
A mysterious girl who suddenly appeared in Dragnier Village. She tells a large variety of details. Conversation is always carried out through a creepy doll using ventriloquism. At times, nobody pays her attention when she speaks in cryptic words. It seems if anything that she's been in this kind of job for quite a long time.

Masamune (マサムネ, Masamune)
"Um, such an admirable determination...it's good to be dilligent."
VA: ???
An old friend of Jubei from the Kamaitachi clan.
His swordsmith is touted as the best in the continent.
He's serious with a single-minded personality, and usually doesn't get jokes.

Nana (ナナ, Nana)
"Alright. It's damn good. Worth of praise!"
A fairy living in Resen Mountains.
Despite her appearance, her actual age is close to 80 years.
She has a perverse and really excentric personality.

Ryu (リュウ, Ryuu)
"Relax. I'll always be your strongest big brother. "
The brother of the protagonist, and the "strongest succesor leader" in Dragnier Village.
Although not always a flawless leader, when it comes to the protagonist, he's a "stupid brother" who forgets about himself and rush in recklessly.
Ever since the imperial attack, he's been missing.

Peridot
"The Empire's raid, and the dragon's shadow...there's something hidden in this village..."
VA: Haruka Tomatsu
A bard that continues a wandering journey for specific reasons. A mysterious girl of few words, with a way of talking that's somewhat precocious and in contradiction to her appearance. While traveling to Dragnier Village to meet the "People of the Writings", she manages to meet the Hero.

Fritz (フリッツ, furittsu)
"Haha! Don't be so tense! In a kingdom, it's just the people that doesn't change like that!"
The king of the Granz Kingdom that has gained overwhelming support from the public. He has a daring personality and is frank, something that seems quite unexpected from the king of a country. However, when it comes to fighting to protect his people, his temperament changes completely, and he overwhelms the enemy forces with the strength of a demon.

Wilhelm (ヴィルヘルム, viruherumu)
"In fact, in anticipation of your skills, I have a job for you I want to request."
A finely-dressed mysterious boy that approaches the protagonist in Granz Kingdom. He deeply respects King Fritz, and although he has behaved as a "noble and brave" apprentice, his immaturity is not fully hidden, and he often shows an emotionally fragile side.

Steinberg (シュタインバーグ, shutainbaagu)
"To create an orderly and disciplined world, leading to peace for a lot of people."
The emperor governing the Insidia Empire at the north of the continent. Having overthrown the old regime as the leader of a revolution army, he took the throne and laid out the empire as its first emperor. Governing by means of force, based on the belief that it will lead into eternal peace, he underwent a significant military expansion, and started invading the neighbouring countries.

Klaus
"We are both different, let's settle this once and for all..."
At the top of the Insidia Empire as the head of the "Black Dragon Knights". Both in reputation and reality, the strongest knight in the Insidia Empire. And not only in strength, but also in belief, his figure has surpassed all other members, and he has become the subject of reverence as a hero to many of the empire's people.

Elise
"Really, wonder if you'll succeed?"
A female knight of the Algar Clan belonging to the Insidia Empire's "Black Dragon Knights". As a staff officer in the Black Dragon Knights she exerts much shrewdness while possessing a clear mind, and demonstrates a tremendous force of suppression through magic in the frontlines.

She appears to be acquainted with Peridot, but...?

Elena (エレナ, Erena)
"Still...still not enough..."
A "Dragon Diva" that lives under the Insidia Empire.
Behind the empire's rapid military growth, she contributes information around the "Dragon Legend" brought to Emperor Steinberg.

CLANS (The site calls them "Races", but I'm using the term we are all more familiar with here)

Human (人間, ningen)
A majority clan with average dexterity and ability

A clan that is often the most numerous among the clans living in the continent. While having no distinguishing physical characteristics, it can be said that the human's most notable feature is their dexterity to master different crafts. They form villages in various places across the continent, and carry out a lifestyle in ways such as agriculture and trading.

Typical Class: None

Dragon Clan (竜の一族, ryuu no ichizoku)
A legendary presence that has been shrouded entirely in mystery

A phantom clan whose existence is still subject of discussion. According to the traditions that remain in several places...the world was horribly devastated by the conflict between the greatly powerful White Dragon Clan and the Black Dragon Clan with strength gained from the goddess. Although the conflict was successfully stopped by a brave person, the Dragon Clan that very nearly brought the world to its destruction forbid their own powers, and disappeared somewhere.

Wing Clan (飛翼族, tsubasa-zoku)
A miraculous singing voice that invites to the skies

A race with appearance and characteristics close to humans. They have inherently beautiful voices and singing ability, among them those who listen to the song of women called "Divas" have their very souls shaken strongly, having a mysterious power hidden within. Their tradition speak of a time when they had wings in their backs, as well as the ability to transform into giant birds.

Wolba Clan (ウルバ族, uruba-zoku. Note the first two kana are the same from "wolf", ウルurufu)
A physical group of wolves that live by the fist

A beastmen clan with wolf-like characteristics among the beastmen who are widely ingrained around the continent. There are also subspecies who sport black or brown hair. The Wolba Clan is gifted with a powerful physique and an excellent physical ability, whose fists exhibit a power that's not by any means inferior to any sword wielded by other clans. In addition since they possess an exceptional endurance, there are many of them who engage in physical labor in areas such as mines and harbors.

Typical Class: Fighter

Algar Clan (アルガル族, arugaru-zoku. The romanization for this one can be be wildly different!)
Sheeps with concealed strong magic and a meek nature.

Beastmen clan representing sheep characteristics with distinctive horns on their head. It's a relatively mild-mannered clan who doesn't like battles. However, when it comes to control of magic, they have the strongest aptitude among the clans that live in the world and thus are often and hopelessly caught up in conflicts. The fire and lightning manipulated by the Algar Clan possess such strength that is said they can instantly turn an entire unit into ashes.

Typical Class: Magician

Kamaitachi Clan (カマイタチ族, kamaitachi-zoku. "Kamaitachi" is a type of Japanese spirit taking the form of a weasel with blades)
Wise ones provided with a characteristic gale-like agility

A beastmen clan with weasel-like appearances, they live in "Crescent Island" where there's extensive mineral resources. Adept at handling blades, many of them are seen as part of mercenary teams in other countries. They have excellent agility, possessing enough skills to slay an enemy with several sword strikes, and are also excellent at assessing the big picture through analysis, making them getting key positions in the army not uncommon.

Typical Class: Swordsman

Maoren (猫人(マオレン), maoren. Written over the kanji for "Cat People".)
Extreme firepower hidden beneath cuteness

Small physically, a beastmen clan with a cat-like appearance and the same level of dexterity of the human clan. Their dexterity is exhibited in their handling of firearms and can be particularly shown in how easily they operate complex mechanism beyond the scope of other beastmen clans. As beastmen, they are rivals of the "Woren" who share the same lineage, and the situation where many races quarrel in such bustling cities is a common sight.

Typical Class: Gunner

Paketa Clan
(パケタ族, paketa-zoku)
Power in Numbers!

A beastmen clan with a fluffy round tail and a smallish body. Compared to other clans, they don't excell physically, and their village are often threatened by monsters. Although they aren't suited for combat, their skill lies in their hands, and in making a number of things with controlled balance, such as architecture and armors, or decorations; with their techniques they can produce high quality items in large numbers in a short period of time. While they have a pretty appearance, because of their craftman's spirit, they receive gratitude constantly and many of them have a dutiful personality.

WORLD MAP

Dragnier Village (ドラグニール村, doraguniiru-mura)
A small village curled up in the Earlydawn Forest

Even though small it has gathered people of various clans, and has engaged in an eager everyday. Though here is where the traditions surrouding the dragons are preserved, they are fading away from the memories of those living in the village. In accordance to ancient tradition, the Hero's family have been the representatives known as the "Headman", and have led Dragnier Village through generations.

Earlydawn Forest (未明の森, mimei no muri. This is how the website's map translates this location, so I'm using it from now on)
A giant forest that spread throughout the south of the continent

The continent's largest forest, a dense and broad-leaved forest that's on a constant expansion. It's also a symbol of the continent's fertile earth. The forest is full of blessings such as fruits and wild grass, and for the residents of Dragnier Village it's an irreplaceable location. It's very calm, although fierce pests roam around. Speaking of those troublemakers, in occassion a number of goblins appear from the back of the woods and cause mischief around the village.

Nameless Ruins (名もなき遺跡, namonaki iseki)
Enigmatic ruins buried in the mysterious forest

At any age, there are ancient ruins whose reason to be built and purpose are not clear at all. It's the habitat of unidentified and strange monsters, which attempt to eliminate any intruder, and thus is not easy to approach. Inside these ruins are decorations that had survived reminiscent of the "Dragons", so its suspected to be related to the "Dragon Clan". It has been buried mostly beneath trees and soil, so the ruins' full scale is unknown.

Empire Concentration Camp (帝国収容所, teikoku shuuyouso)

Deeply carved with the Empire's mark

A prison facility built by the Insidia Empire in the western area of the Earlydawn Forest. As the Empire rapidly expands its territory, those listed as traitors for not exhibiting allegiance to the Empire after the invasion has finished are imprisoned here. A variety of clans are caught, and those who can work are put in never-ending forced labor. Beastmen imperial troops conduct surveillance of the facility, and perform extremelly harsh treatments. Those captured here, are awaiting the day they will be free.

Insidia Empire (インシディア帝国, inshidia teikoku)

A major military nation in rapid expansion

An empire surrounded by a coniferous forest and a robust chain of mountains. It was once a minor power that exploited the resources of neighbouring countries. However, after the revolution headed by current emperor Steinberg, it was subjected to a significant military expansion, and started invading neighbouring countries. With the officers of the Insidia Empire, formed with those of extraordinary force, coupled with weaponry diverted from technology of ancient civilizations, they have grasped two thirds of the continent in a short period of time.

Granz Kingdom (グランツ王国, gurantsu oukoku)
An old kingdom which respects history and tradition

The kingdom with the oldest history in the continent. It boasts of a strong defense system that has prevented the invasion of other countries for hundred of years, and even now continues to prosper. In response to the movement of the Insidia Empire, there's been an increase in activity and a growing sentiment of war within the entire country. The castle town is showing a large increase in adventurers and mercenaries.

Other areas shown in the map, but still inactive include:
Peaceful Cave/Cave of Peace (安らぎの洞窟, yasuragi no doukutsu) -a location from BoF1 returns!-
Infinite Library (無限の図書館, mugen no toshokan)
Barkroom Volcano (バークルーム火山, baakuruumu kazan)
Resen Mountains (リーゼン山脈, riisen sanmyaku)
Crescent Island (三日月島, mikadzuki shima)
Insidia Barrier (インシディア防壁, inshidia bouheki)

GAMEPLAY
The new elements explained from gameplay include:

Single Player
"Story Mission" - Self-explanatory. "What is the secret hidden in the ancient "Dragon's Song"? History begins the trial for the descendant of the Dragon Clan."

"Dragon Transformation" - Another staple of the series returns, seemingly retaining part of its DQ system. There's a gauge that must be filled in order to activate the "D-Trance Mode" (D-トランスモード, D-toransu moodo). The full power of the dragon can sweep away enemies.

Dragon Transformation
When the dragon blood is awakened
It takes on the form of a dragon's incarnation

The tremendous force of the dragon wipes out enemies!
Among dragon transformations, are there various non-human type forms!?

"Job and Clothes Change" - As the player levels up, one can change the Hero's job to new classes. One can also change his/her clothes in order to add special performance stats. The image in the example shows the Hero first as a "Novice", then branching into a "Slayer" (top) or "High Guard" (bottom), and then into unknown classes.

Multiplayer
"Multi Missions" - A special set of missions where up to four players can join together and beat on huge monsters with their synchronized attacks. Powerful items can be obtained here.

"Castle Town" - The lobby where players gather. Here one can recruit others for multi-missions, brag about their clothes or simply chat.

"Ancient Dragon Summoning"
The strongest secret restricted to multi-play.

With the combined strenght of the summoners, an ancient legendary dragon is awakened!
When the ancient dragon characters are aligned,
its possible to sumon a super-powerful ancient species!

SONGS

"Brave Man -EIKETSU-" (alternatively, "Hero")
"Death Impact -SHITOTSU-"
"Demon Fort -MASAI-"
"Dragon Words Song (Peridot)"

Whew, that was a handful! I'm more interested than ever now to see what this will bring to!
Last edited by Rurouni on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rurouni

Re: New Breath of Fire 6 Info Topic

Postby Hiro365 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:05 pm

You are awesome! Thanks!
Hiro365

Postby Casey » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Very nice. It's good to know they've decided to make this more of an RPG than a social app. Seems like it will have more potential to be released overseas. Thanks for the translations!
Casey
Global Mod

Postby BrassMountainLion » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:24 pm

I have so many conflicted feelings about this game. It seems like it is geared for a young audience, and it has a classic epic feel like BoF1. The art, animation, and music all seem too generic. On the other hand, the game design sounds more promising than standard web/phone game fare.
BrassMountainLion

Postby SlippingLeg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:09 am

I might be wrong but, isn't the white and black dragon war already happened in one of the older bof?
SlippingLeg

Postby Rurouni » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 am

Well, yes. It's the backstory behind the first Breath of Fire game. The war mentioned here is also pretty likely a reference to the original war, specially if you read the description for the Dragon Clan: "[...]the world was horribly devastated by the conflict between the greatly powerful White Dragon Clan and the Black Dragon Clan with strength gained from the goddess.", the goddess here probably referring to Tyr/Myria, who instigated the war in BoF1 with her powers.

Some observation I want to include:

+ The huge red dragon boss at the beginning of the game is apparently named "Fire Dragon" (火竜 , hiryuu)
+ Some returning techniques include Sheezaga/Typhoon (it's one of Nina's voice clips) and Domega/Sirocco.
* I forgot to mention, but "Maoren" is the Chinese reading of those kanji ("Cat People"), in much the same way "Fuuren" is the Chinese reading of the Woren's kanji ("Tiger People")
+ Also, given the detail above and since we've seen a Wildcat/Hachio-look-a-like in some screenshots, maybe this will mean the otherwise fan-named "Wildcat Clan" is actually part of the "Maoren".
+ It's nice to see that all seiyuu are all somewhat known and have appeared in popular anime, unlike the poor VA for Rei and Garr who were nobodies at the time (and still now are). It's remarkable since this being an online/mobile game they went out of their way to get them. We have Nina/Hikami, now let's hope for Kappei Yamaguchi!
Rurouni

Postby NukaCola » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:09 am

Looks like there's new info that came out today. Can you provide a translation, Rurouni?

https://www.facebook.com/bof6.capcom/ph ... 22/?type=1

http://www.bof6.jp/pc/character10.html

Rough google translate seems to say that new details are coming August 6th? (Not a release date)
NukaCola
Global Mod

Postby Rurouni » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Indeed, she's basically promoting the website's next update for August 6th, which will include information about gameplay systems and characters "that appeared in the promotional movie"...which probably means the black-winged girl will be revealed.

Straight translation:

"Yahoo! It's the Teaching Girl!
Apparently the latest information about Breath of Fire 6 will be published on August 6 (Thursday). Characters that appeared in the promotional movie, as well as information on the game system will be published.
Look forward to it ♪"
Rurouni

Postby -sparkle- » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:04 am

On august the 6th ? holy crap that's not even a week from now ! *___*
Ohhh I want to play it so badly but sadly it will be only in japanese first, the picture of Nina with her wings is beyond beautiful *_* I already like her so much ! ^^

I just read that Kyoko Hikami will be her voice actor again ? This is really awesome !!
-sparkle-

Postby Rurouni » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:04 am

NEW INFO!!!!

STORY

Encounter with Nina
"Look, Look! Something, is that?"

While exploring the surrounding ruins, Amelia raises her innocent voice as she points to a part of the building.

"Judging from the structure, a sort of dock..."
Gilliam shrugs.
"But why would there be a dock in the middle of the woods?"

"Hmm"
Jubei rubbed his chin as he stared intently at that part.

"According to the legends, the Dragon Clan possessed advanced technology, capable of making a city float across the sky... If those ruins are the work of the Dragon Clan, this dock is probably a remains of that."

Amelia's eyes shone strongly.
"Nice! And, were there also flying ships?"

In contrast, Gilliam let out a wry smile.
"That's ridiculous. That's just some kind of fairy tale. Boss, when did you became a writer of fairytales?"

"Huh, you are a fool."
Jubei said in a joking tone, then turned away.

Seeing such an exchange, you can't help but smile. The villagers have regained their former tone. From that tragedy, they are recovering gradually.

"I wonder if there's something else? If I will find a ship which can sprout wings ♪"
"Hey! We are not here to play. We are looking for Ryu..."

And then, "Hwaa!!!".
It was a shout from the leader of the Paketa Guild, who came alongside the group.
Everyone rushed to the guild leader's position. And then, they discovered......

"Oh, a girl...?"

A beautiful long hair that resembled gold.
Crystal-clear white skin.
Delicate arms that gave the impression they'd break if even a bit of strength was applied, covered in mysterious white clothes.

"Hey, cheer up!"
Amelia hug at the shoulders, holding her upper body tight.

The girl led out a small sight and a "Ugh", faintly opening her eyes.

"Are you allright?"
At Gilliam's question, the girl nodded weakly.
The girl hush her eyebrows, and twists her body painfully.
"My...name is Nina...but other than that..."
She then stopped talking.

"You don't remember?"
At Jubei's question, Nina once again shook her head positively.
With an uneasy look still on her face, Nina inadvertently throws her sight at you. Then, gasping in surprise, she stares right at your eyes.

You can't keep your eyes off Nina's face.
Her dim eyes, grabbing onto your very soul, as if they were to accuse something.

A suspicious light dwells in Nina's pupils. And then, slipping through Amelia's hands, she suddenly stood up.

"Ryu...is calling..."

She murmured, and pulling something, Nina turned and walked away into the interior of the ruins.

"W--wait! Did you say "Ryu"? Do you know Ryu?"
Jubei's shouts didn't reach her, Nina appeared to be in a state in which she lost her identity, and disappeared in the unsteady darkness.

"W-what should we do?"
"What to do...such a place is dangerous for one person!"

The three turn their sights to you as their representative.
Without hesitation, you decide to chase and protect the young girl.

And thus, you and your three partners set foot into the ruins filled with many traps and strange wandering monsters.

NEW CHARACTERS

Masamune (マサムネ, Masamune)
"Um, such an admirable determination...it's good to be dilligent."

An old friend of Jubei from the Kamaitachi clan.

His swordsmith is touted as the best in the continent.

He's serious with a single-minded personality, and usually doesn't get jokes.

Nana (ナナ, Nana)
"Alright. It's damn good. Worth of praise!"

A fairy living in Resen Mountains.

Despite her appearance, her actual age is close to 80 years.

She has a perverse and really excentric personality.

Elena (エレナ, Erena)
"Still...still not enough..."

A "Dragon Diva" that lives under the Insidia Empire.

Behind the empire's rapid military growth, she contributes information around the "Dragon Legend" brought to Emperor Steinberg.

SYSTEM

A series' staple element also appears in this work!
"Dragon Transformation"

When the dragon blood is awakened
It takes on the form of a dragon's incarnation

The tremendous force of the dragon wipes out enemies!

Among dragon transformations, are there various non-human type forms!?

The strongest secret restricted to multi-play.
"Ancient Dragon Summoning"

With the combined strenght of the summoners, an ancient legendary dragon is awakened!

When the ancient dragon characters are aligned,
its possible to sumon a super-powerful ancient species!

Important notice!
Web contents that brings forward the memories and impressions of playing the "Breath of Fire" series, will be opened
to the public on August 13 (Thursday), 2015.
We will present a large volume of varied content that both those who have played the "Breath of Fire" series and those who haven't can enjoy equally. For everyone's enjoyment!

-------------------------------------------

According to Facebook, they will be posting info about the whole series! That's great!

And for those who where waiting, Ryu is introduced in the story! Is he a new character all are looking for? Or is he the brother of the protagonist that went missing during the attack of the Empire? Can't wait!!

Oh, and look at the new art in the official page, there are some shadows in the "System" section that are familiar to us like the Behemoth Dragon.
Rurouni

Next

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion