Breath of Fire 6 Xmas Update! Release date confirmed!

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Breath of Fire 6 Xmas Update! Release date confirmed!

Postby Rurouni » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:36 am

After so long without news, we've finally got something to talk about! I'm on a rush so here's a quick rundown of the news update:

Check it out in 4gamer: http://www.4gamer.net/games/227/G022777/20151225080/

Starting today and until February 23, the game's pre-registration is open for the PC and Android versions in this site (https://bof6.capcom-s.jp/preregist/dmm/form/input). Registering in advance nets you two special rewards: a bunch of in-game currency for Fellow summon and stuff, and special Ryu1 and Nina1 costumes for your male/female custom character.

The PC and Android version are set to release in February 24, 2016. The iOS version will release sometime in March. There will also be a "starter test" for the first two starting February 19. A new Promotional Video has also been released (http://www.bof6.jp/pc/special06.html), and we have finally confirmation that Ryu's lifetime voice actor Kappei Yamaguchi is reprising his role!!

We also got a new visual image by Japanese artist Mel Kishida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Kishida), and a Nina figurine made by manufacturer "Kotobukiya" to be released sometime in 2016. Plus new manga chapter (my schedule's getting even worse, hehe...)

Rurouni

Re: Breath of Fire 6 Xmas Update! Release date confirmed!

Postby Nina Windia » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Can you guide us on how to sign up (because of the site's lanaguge), also, what do we exactly sign up for, etc.

EDIT:

Unless I did something wrong, the game not avilable in my area?
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby dindevalhalla » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Fom what I see, they are using DMM.com, a Japanese service provider, to prevent anyone not in Japan from registering. There are of course ways to prevent this, like editing browser cookies, or trying to log in from a vpn.

The KanColle fandom has the same issue, and they have guides on how to bypass it. I'm not sure if I should be posting this here but here goes:
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/User_blo ... Error_Area

Thank you for posting this ^__^
dindevalhalla

Postby sandywai » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:26 am

I'd really love to preorder it
Except I have no idea of how T.T
I wanna play the game so badly >x< (Holpefully there won't be any internet blocking or else I still won't be able to play it T^T)
sandywai

Postby TybaltKaine » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:42 pm

I think it is rather ridiculous that we live in an era when everyone is interconnected, when we have a valid, real global market that can update in real time, but you still have companies trying to restrict content to one particular place.

If you want to release a piece of digital media, and you know there are fans of said media spread across the globe, why would you shoot your sales in the foot by limiting who can and who can't buy it?

To me this is bad business. There are people all over the world willing to pay for this game, and instead of taking a little extra time and getting a multi language version done, they push out a quick Japanese only version and follow the old business model of "let's see how it sells first" to determine if they push it out in any other languages.

It just feels completely backwards to me, and with some of the other moves Capcom has been making lately, unfortunately typical.
Special snowflake, just like you. Freelance Writer/Failed Artist/Part-time blogger/Stick Figure Demigod.

Find my ramblings at The Armory.

Twitter - @SyntaxAgility
Facebook - The Sarge
Gamefaqs - Nytecrawla
TybaltKaine

Postby MrBaba » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Aye, tis a sad fact about Capcom. Though admittedly I still end up buying and enjoying their games.

Though I have to be honest, given what I've seen on the stream and from pics, I can't say I'm too excited for this game. It still sucks that it's not coming out to the West though to give it a chance.
MrBaba

Postby dindevalhalla » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 pm

I believe this is because they are not looking at, say, next year profits, but next quarter or maybe even next month profits. They don't want to make a bigger investment with a greater "risk" that might not pay off, so they want to play it safe.

That said, the geo-locked software makes me cringe. It did not make sense years ago, it makes even less sense nowadays. Even more when you can override it with a little knowledge, as you can see in the KanColle guide. I did not even need to know that, I just googled it.

I want to preregister so bad D:
dindevalhalla

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion