Breath of Fire 6 Released

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: MrBaba

Breath of Fire 6 Released

Postby skribblets » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:10 pm

So I was excited to play BoF6 today. I downloaded it and received a communication error. I just crashes. I don't know if it's my computer or the servers. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer. Boo. :sad:

-UPDATE-

The game is working now. If anyone has any questions, I'm willing to answer questions for you.
skribblets

Re: Breath of Fire 6 Released

Postby rafaelnepo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Did you download it for PC or Android?
I use a Mac and have an iPhone, so i can't play it yet. T-T
I think they said it would come to iPad or something, right?
Oi, eu sou o Nepô! :D
rafaelnepo

Postby skribblets » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:48 pm

I downloaded it for PC. Yeah, they said it's supposed to come out for iOS in March I believe. Image
skribblets

Postby skribblets » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:43 am

Can a moderator please delete this thread? I didn't see the other uber thread already in place about new BoF6 info. Sorry!
skribblets

Postby Nina Windia » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:05 am

I don't mind keeping it, if you want to update us with your game play and maybe pictures :) ?
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby QuarterTwo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 am

Well, so far I've only noticed one video that was very good on YouTube. So any screenshots and video you can provide would be welcome.

As for questions... well let's see.
I've noticed you can use the cash shop currency to buy bonus loot at the end of a mission. Since loot includes allies, I'd like to know your opinion on if it would be better to use the cash shop currency to throw on the altar hoping for a super rare you want or if you'll eventually be able to beat certain missions that has rare allies with little randomness involved.

I've also noticed you can merge allies together with a little bit of gold for an exp boost to your regularly used team. An idea of how viable this would be to maintain with the rate of gold you acquire and the rate of allies you get as loot would be nice.

If there an actual cash shop shop, or is the cash shop money only used on loot and rng allies?

Finally, how soon can you select your "class"? I'm a mage at heart, and I'd like to get rid of that sword as soon as possible. You know... if it ever gets translated for North America.
QuarterTwo

Postby NukaCola » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:33 am

I have a question! Booted up the game, went through the prologue after creating my character...when do I get the BoF1 Ryu costume? I pre-registered on DMM so I'm not sure how the Ryu skin comes into play?
NukaCola
Global Mod

Postby BahamutKaiser » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:12 pm

So it's only in Japan? No western release expectations?

How's the character development?
BahamutKaiser

Postby skribblets » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi Everyone, sorry for the late reply. My job has been extremely busy this past week and I had to work over the weekend so I haven't had much time to play the game at all. I am free this weekend to play it and try to get some pictures up. I did however manage to swing by the local convenience store here and found a magazine with an article about the game. I can try to translate it this weekend, but hopefully the pretty pictures will hold you over until then. If anyone speaks Japanese, feel free to get a head start on translating if you like.

For those of you that have asked questions so far, I'm sorry but there's not much I can say at the moment as I haven't played much. I haven't kept up with the other threads so if this information is redundant, sorry! Some of the main points are:

You can summon of the legendary dragons from each series!! Cool!!
You can change job classes like final fantasy tactics or FFXIV online, which I know some of us already knew. It does not specifically say when you can do class changes, it only says that as you progress through the game, you will be able to change your class and your appearance changes per class. Your stats, attack methods and weapons all change also. The four listed classes are Novice (squire?), High Guard (Knight/Paladin?), Rogue, and Wizard.
Changing gear actually changes your character's appearance.
Fishing is back and looks pretty much identical to fishing in the other games.

I'll try to translate it over the weekend unless someone wants to get a head start.

I will remove the images from this link soon until I can find a different site to host them from, so feel free to grab them while you can!

https://goo.gl/photos/GCrancerLeEGcDxe6
skribblets

Postby skribblets » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:11 pm

QuarterTwo wrote:Well, so far I've only noticed one video that was very good on YouTube. So any screenshots and video you can provide would be welcome.

As for questions... well let's see.
I've noticed you can use the cash shop currency to buy bonus loot at the end of a mission. Since loot includes allies, I'd like to know your opinion on if it would be better to use the cash shop currency to throw on the altar hoping for a super rare you want or if you'll eventually be able to beat certain missions that has rare allies with little randomness involved.

I've also noticed you can merge allies together with a little bit of gold for an exp boost to your regularly used team. An idea of how viable this would be to maintain with the rate of gold you acquire and the rate of allies you get as loot would be nice.

If there an actual cash shop shop, or is the cash shop money only used on loot and rng allies?

Finally, how soon can you select your "class"? I'm a mage at heart, and I'd like to get rid of that sword as soon as possible. You know... if it ever gets translated for North America.

I'll have to get back to you on these questions. So far I'm barely level 4 and the different stores don't unlock until you progress further in the game. So far from what I've seen so far, there is only a forge, which allows you to upgrade your weapons, and a magic shop that allows you to upgrade your gear. I do see the loot that you are talking about and the chance to upgrade items/ allies after battles, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to really get into the game any further. One thing I did read that really annoyed me though, is that if I understood it correctly, your dragon gems do not carry over from device to device. So, if you accept dragon gem loot on one device, when you press the accept button, a warning comes up saying that it will not appear on other devices which I think is setting customers up for micro transactions. I'll try to get you a better answer as I progress further. I haven't seen the video you are talking about yet either.
skribblets

Next

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion