Breath of Fire 6 Released

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Re: Breath of Fire 6 Released

Postby skribblets » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:14 pm

NukaCola wrote:I have a question! Booted up the game, went through the prologue after creating my character...when do I get the BoF1 Ryu costume? I pre-registered on DMM so I'm not sure how the Ryu skin comes into play?

I've been wondering this also. I haven't seen any mention of the DLC. The game is still technically listed as the 先発テスト (or pre-release test) which means they probably won't start releasing DLC until the game is fully released. It's odd because they are marketing it as a full release, but still calling it a pre-release test on the site. So I think they will release the DLC either soon or sometime later on.
skribblets

Postby skribblets » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:16 pm

BahamutKaiser wrote:So it's only in Japan? No western release expectations?

How's the character development?

So far it's a Japan only release and I haven't seen anything about a western release. It's a super simple game (it practically looks like a flash game), so I wouldn't think localization would be very expensive or time consuming. Guess we will just have to wait and see!

The character development is *meh.*

I'm trying to keep an open mind but the game works something like this:

Start in town > click the battle map, click a battle> recruit friends/ allies for battle > cut-scene of characters talking> complete a quick mission, get experience points> after battle cut-scene with the characters talking.

The character development isn't very in-depth at the moment but I'm barely level 4. This is just my opinion, and I wasn't going to say anything, but since you asked, I don't really feel connected to the story or characters at all. So far it kind of feels like a generic J-RPG with kind-of-similar breath of fire art. I'm trying to stay positive about it, but so far I don't really consider it a breath of fire game. But with the article that I posted earlier which revealed dragon summoning, dragon form changes and fishing, it's beginning to seem more like a breath of fire game. So hopefully my opinion will change as I progress.
skribblets

Postby QuarterTwo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:13 pm

skribblets wrote:I'll have to get back to you on these questions. So far I'm barely level 4 and the different stores don't unlock until you progress further in the game. So far from what I've seen so far, there is only a forge, which allows you to upgrade your weapons, and a magic shop that allows you to upgrade your gear. I do see the loot that you are talking about and the chance to upgrade items/ allies after battles, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to really get into the game any further. One thing I did read that really annoyed me though, is that if I understood it correctly, your dragon gems do not carry over from device to device. So, if you accept dragon gem loot on one device, when you press the accept button, a warning comes up saying that it will not appear on other devices which I think is setting customers up for micro transactions. I'll try to get you a better answer as I progress further. I haven't seen the video you are talking about yet either.

Video in question involved a level fifteen to twenty character. So yes, she would have unlocked quite a few more features.

Unlocking loot... at the end of a mission there is a screen that shows you what you have gotten as a reward. This ranges from items to allies. Trick is, there are three treasure chests. One is wooden and appears to be the loot you get right away. The other two have dragon gems displayed alongside, the silver one in a quantity of one, and the golden one in a quantity of four. I've never seen anyone pay much attention to those other chests, and honestly I was only curious myself based on the quality of the allies from them. Paying for loot isn't something that interests me, but since you see what is in the chests before buying them... paying x among of dragon gems for an particular ally interests me more than throwing x amount of dragon gems at an altar and maybe getting what I want.

In any event, you can find the video in question here.

Good is a question of context. She has two ten minute sections of just fishing in a forty minute video. But she stays out of the red, and uses the healing skill on her allies rather than just auto attacking to 'victory'. So it's at least good in the sense this person knows how to play and doesn't have you pulling out your hair.

You can see the point where she 'fuses' allies together for exp at about 25:30. Personally I think she should be maintaining a little bit of a diverse bench lineup rather than throwing everything into her current team, but it shows the mechanic and what buttons to press.
QuarterTwo

Postby Hwaet » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:25 pm

I've been actively playing, so I can field a few questions, if no one minds.

QuarterTwo wrote:As for questions... well let's see.

I've noticed you can use the cash shop currency to buy bonus loot at the end of a mission. Since loot includes allies, I'd like to know your opinion on if it would be better to use the cash shop currency to throw on the altar hoping for a super rare you want or if you'll eventually be able to beat certain missions that has rare allies with little randomness involved.

I've also noticed you can merge allies together with a little bit of gold for an exp boost to your regularly used team. An idea of how viable this would be to maintain with the rate of gold you acquire and the rate of allies you get as loot would be nice.

If there an actual cash shop shop, or is the cash shop money only used on loot and rng allies?

Finally, how soon can you select your "class"? I'm a mage at heart, and I'd like to get rid of that sword as soon as possible. You know... if it ever gets translated for North America.

I wouldn't use cash shop currency after battles, at least not at this point. The best Fellows (ally characters) available from the missions I've played (all story quests so far) are 3* at best, and I've never noticed that the optional chests contained anything you can't get normally. It's better to save your Dragon Crystals for premium (3* or better) summons or expanding your inventory.

There is a cash shop, and that's where you do the premium summons. You access it from the top button on the right hand column on your home screen.

As for your last question, alternate classes are unlocked when you progress far enough in the second story area, the Nameless Ruins.

skribblets wrote:
NukaCola wrote:I have a question! Booted up the game, went through the prologue after creating my character...when do I get the BoF1 Ryu costume? I pre-registered on DMM so I'm not sure how the Ryu skin comes into play?

I've been wondering this also. I haven't seen any mention of the DLC. The game is still technically listed as the 先発テスト (or pre-release test) which means they probably won't start releasing DLC until the game is fully released. It's odd because they are marketing it as a full release, but still calling it a pre-release test on the site. So I think they will release the DLC either soon or sometime later on.

They said they'll be sending them out after the official Andriod release today. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get them immediately, so who knows?

QuarterTwo wrote:You can see the point where she 'fuses' allies together for exp at about 25:30. Personally I think she should be maintaining a little bit of a diverse bench lineup rather than throwing everything into her current team, but it shows the mechanic and what buttons to press.

The game doesn't really favor that kind of play right now, unless you are very lucky with your summons. Higher rarity Fellows are almost without exception more powerful than the more common ones, and there isn't enough content or variety yet for most people to be amassing teams or strategizing.
Hwaet

Postby Pabupabupukapuka » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:31 am

hmm not really sounding promising that you don't feel drawn to the story or characters, but I too am trying to have an open mind.... I'm just really concerned about how this game will affect the canon of the first trilogy. Hopefully things pick up though.
Pabupabupukapuka

Postby MrBaba » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:32 am

Granted, if it does turn out less than ideal, there's nothing stopping people from ignoring it in terms of canon.
MrBaba

Postby NukaCola » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:10 pm

So I got the BoF1 dlc code but not sure where to redeem it, or at least I thought I redeemed it but not sure where to find it.
NukaCola
Global Mod

Postby Hwaet » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:15 am

They made the serial code entry a little confusing. I'm not sure why they needed a separate section for every single giveaway they've done.

It sounds like you found the place to enter your code, but just in case, you go to the third button from the right on the top at the home screen (その他), then the far right tab (アカウント管理), choose the option labeled シリアルコード, then scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap/click on Android/PC 事前登録. Once you've entered your code there, you can retrieve the costume parts and Dragon Crystals from your gift box on the upper left hand side.
Hwaet

Previous

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion