A legend died today!

Self explained.

Moderator: Thetis

A legend died today!

Postby Ejdeha » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:38 am

Today, Augest 11th, 2014, Robin Williams was found dead in his home. The cause of death is believed to be suicide.

I grew up with his movies, and he was a big part of both my childhood and teenaged life. Hearing he suffered from depression and took his own life make me cry on...several occaisions today. I Emailed an old high school teacher of mine and I wasn't aware she didn't know until i send her the message.
She cried. I remember she taught our classes with this air of humor and she idolized Robin Williams.
So RIP Robin, we will never hav a friend quite like you ever again.
And I mean hell, if you have to spend the rest of your life as a memory...
You Might as well make it a good one!
Ejdeha

Re: A legend died today!

Postby CarnageCrayon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:46 am

it hit me pretty hard too... i also grew up with his movies and he was one of my all time favourite actors, no matter what genre. it is always the people that make you laugh the most, that carry the biggest sorrow beneath their smiles. i will always remember him for his kindness and his great sense of humor. characters like the dschinn and mrs doubtfire will always have a place in my heart. but also his performances in serious roles like in insomnia or dead poets society will be a monument of his outstanding talent.
you will never be forgotten, oh captain, my captain.
CarnageCrayon

Postby Raindrop » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:43 am

Holy shit...
Damn...

My favorite movie with him was barely pick able, but I can narrow it down to two movies equally great.

Good Will Hunting

and
Patch Adams

Those aside he has made a great career and will be remembered for it.
Kudos to Hayabusa@RPA
Raindrop

Postby tsurabisu » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 am

I'm not too proud to say that I cried when I heard the news. He gave so much to so many people. He made so many happy, and yet, couldn't find happiness himself. Hopefully he can find the happiness that eluded him in this life in the next.
tsurabisu

Postby -sparkle- » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:07 am

My heart shattered into pieces as I read about it.
He was one of my favorite actors and now he's gone...
I hope he's going to be happy in heaven...

And I hope his family will use the time in privacy.

He sure will be missed by fans and his family
-sparkle-

Postby Nina Windia » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:19 pm

A sad Day indeed :/
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby shadowfox » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:40 am

I remember watching some of his movies when I was a kid! Jumanji, Hook, and Mrs. Doubtfire. I think he also did a live action movie of Popeye.
I can't believe some people though! I read today where people sent mean tweets to his daughter. One even posted a pic of what looked like Robin's body on the morgue table.
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby Thetis » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:51 am

I feel like a part of my childhood just withered away. A friend of mine spoke how incredible he thought the amount of mourning on social media he saw was for Robin Williams, but I wasn't surprised at all. He was an incredible actor with a gift to make people laugh. A great comedian who touched a universal chord in many of us.

I hope in the wake of the tragedy, it also raises awareness of the debilitating power of depression. It's heartbreaking to realize the huge irony in a man who could bring so much joy to other people's lives was unable to keep his own spirits going. I wish his family and friends all the bets.
Thetis

Postby Thrillhouse3880 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm

I remember this as well. I was on a plane returning home from vacation and I noticed the person across from me was watching tv on his iPad, (the airline had an app for tv) and I noticed that the tagline, "Robin Williams found dead." As soon as I got home, I told my oldest brother about the incident and then reminisced about his best movies. Although I was not considered a big fan of his, he still managed to entertain me in his movies like Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, etc. He may be gone, but he sure as Hell will not be forgotten.
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one
-Bruce Lee

Deviantart account: http://kdogg09.deviantart.com
Check it out if interested.
Thrillhouse3880

Postby Whoops » Mon May 25, 2015 10:49 pm

I wonder if Mr. Williams was killed for profit. I don't know if you noticed, but when he died, Robin Williams was everywhere. And many DVDs were sold, giving the Robin Williams fortune more money. Remember when Michael Jackson died? A lot of people went out and purchased his music again...although he was killed for many reasons I imagine...No one around me is asking that question.
Whoops

Next

Return to General discussion