How did you get your user name?

Self explained.

Moderator: Thetis

Re: How did you get your user name?

Postby RememberTheAGES » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:28 am

My name is a pun of a pun. I started a Youtube page way back that was suppose to be dedicated to video games that could be found on Sega consoles. Sega spelled backwards is AGES and since the game I was trying to cover where all from the past, RememberTheAGES just made sense.
RememberTheAGES

Postby Mebbles » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:50 am

RememberTheAGES wrote:My name is a pun of a pun. I started a Youtube page way back that was suppose to be dedicated to video games that could be found on Sega consoles. Sega spelled backwards is AGES and since the game I was trying to cover where all from the past, RememberTheAGES just made sense.

Hey, I know you! I watched your playthrough of BOFII on your Twitch's past broadcasts and caught a few of your recent streams live; my username on Twitch is damebbles :3

Where I get my username is pretty strange actually. I went by the name of Mebius online for some time, that name came from a pilot of a mech in a game called Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars for the GBA. Mebbles is derived from that name, it came from my brother one day butchering the name Mebius, lol. I thought it was funny and more unique than my previous name, so it stuck XD
Mebbles

Postby dindevalhalla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:27 am

Mine goes waaaaay back to when I was just learning english and playing Ocarina of Time. Me and a couple of friends thought it would be awesome to name ourselves after the triforce, and then later we discovered they were Goddesses, as in female. By that time I had been playing a character named Din in a forum RP who was amnesiac and had a bacstory of someone else called Din de Excelsior. After he got his memories back he came to be known as Din de Valhalla, and that stuck
dindevalhalla

Postby tsurabisu » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Tsurabisu is my name in Japanese.
tsurabisu

Postby Imp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Simply due to my impish nature. Image
Imp

Postby Ejdeha » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 am

Mine is the name of an OC and was given to that OC by a dear friend.
And I mean hell, if you have to spend the rest of your life as a memory...
You Might as well make it a good one!
Ejdeha

Postby Mister Jack » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:51 pm

I really like Candle Jack. He's the be
Mister Jack

Postby naylevert » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:18 pm

It's my DT name in reverse.
naylevert

Postby Spleepoppetween » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:27 am

I got my name when me and a friend found this video of misheard lyrics from the song Evenflow by Pearl Jam when we were younger. We found this one line extremely funny from the video (I think the original spelling is something like speeplespopatween) so we kind of took it and used it for various thigns and such, but one time I misspelled it as spleepoppetween and it just kind of stuck with me and I've been using it for mostly all my accounts.

People are usually confused by my name and have no idea how to pronounce it.
Spleepoppetween

Postby labouka » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:53 pm

My father's been around internet's creation and build up to what we have today. In the early days of online socialization's creation, he would use 'labouka' as his username when dealing with these things. However, as time passed and the internet grew more and more (and it started becoming more and more usefull for his job) he opted to change it into a more professional one. Thus, he gave me this username for me to use ever since. He still does not remember how he came to think it up in the first place. XD

Lately, though, a friend via steam informed me that 'labouka' is actually a formal greeting word (like a polite 'hello' or something) in a Netherland dialect, although I am not so sure about that kind of info. Furthermore, I was unaware that 'labouka' is how we Greeks call the Dorado fish in our language. Yay for being ignorant of my own home language. XD

(Although to be fair, this is how fishermen call it. Hey, I am studying engineering, not sea life, thank you very much. XD)
Click above to join the love siphoning. You won't (live long enough to) regret it! >:)
labouka

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion