How did you get your user name?

Self explained.

Moderator: Thetis

Re: How did you get your user name?

Postby cardice » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:58 pm

I started reading a lot about dry ice and its uses about two years ago when my German ex mailed me a kind of illegal guide to making different types of bombs, and most of them needed dry ice for cooling, cause duh. It was cool to read, but bombs cost too much money lol. Another name for dry ice is cardice.

Often people tell me I am way too cold and at some point someone on a forum referred to me as 'ice cold'. It made me think 'yeah, dry ice' and i thought 'cardice cold' sounds cool so I started using either cardice or cardicecold as username in various places after that.

edit: wow this post beginning with how i have an illegal german guide to illegal bomb making really had to be first on the page?

cardice

Postby Nina Windia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 am

cardice wrote:edit: wow this post beginning with how i have an illegal german guide to illegal bomb making really had to be first on the page?

XD
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby Turbo852 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:37 am

Cardive, that's hilarious about the illegal bomb guide and being 1st on the page!

I chose my name back when I was in middle school. I needed a screen name and I liked fast things. If I had to pick a stat in an RPG to focus on, it was always agility or speed. I listed out every word I could think of that had to do with speed and then picked turbo. But as I was also signing up for email, I found that just Turbo was taken. My friend had his year of birth appended to his name for his email.

So, since I was born in 1985, I added 85 to get Turbo85, but that was already taken, so I added a 2 to the end.

And that stuck ever since.
Turbo852

Postby Lin256 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:41 am

My user name is Lin256. Lin is a character from BoF5, thanks to her I was loved this game with all my heart! And 256... I can't remember exactly. I think that was my favorite number, or maybe it is connected with one of the D-ratio from the game...^^"

Visit my BoF gallery on Deviantart: http://platinum-arc.deviantart.com
Lin256

Postby BahamutKaiser » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:43 am

Perfect Forum to share this, BahamutKaiser has been my gamer tag for decades now, I think it stared with Diablo 2, and has been used for nearly every online game since.

As you might imagine, Bahamut from FF8 and Kaiser from BoF3 are some of my favorite dragons, and I'm a dragon guru. Being that BoF 3 and 4 we're some of the only games where you get to genuinely use dragons, I've always admired the series, though it seems it will never really arrive at the interests I long for...
BahamutKaiser

Postby Thrillhouse3880 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:19 pm

If anyone is familiar with the show "The Simpsons" there is a character named Millhouse and he is playing a made up fighting game called 'Bone Storm.' He says the game is great although all he did was enter his name Thrillhouse although the screen shows that the name is cut off and it displays 'Thrillho.' I just picked this name because I thought it was humorous and it stuck with me for the longest time other than a few other nicknames I have. As for the 3880, I cannot tell you for security reasons.
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one
-Bruce Lee

Deviantart account: http://kdogg09.deviantart.com
Check it out if interested.
Thrillhouse3880

Postby zRISC » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:10 am

mine has a Computer Science origin:
RISC stands for a processor architecture, and happens to be my full name initials (in spanish-latin countries: first and middle name, then father's last name and mother's last name).
But most sites asked for a minimum of 5 chars... fo I added the 'z' because it made quick to look for (press END in keyboard to jump there), and could press it simply with one finger...

fully practical :)
--
Amn El Ith Tir Sol - Honour

En aru'din Raszagal.
zRISC

Postby Kreize001 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:28 pm

Shuffled letters from Keizer, taken from BoF IV
Kreize001

Postby Bosch » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:01 am

New around these parts, but might as well share! Bow/Bosch has always been my favorite character from the Breath of Fire series, so much so that ever since I was young I had an affinity for the character to the point that I never could bring myself to replace him in my party, regardless of the other choices that were there. Seems kind of strange since most of my friends who played II hate the character, going so far as to swap him out entirely in favor of Rand. Makes me wonder if they never used the double bow on him or something.
Bosch

Postby Biruburu » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 am

My wife likes anything to do with pigs (Collecting them, not eating them :smile: ) and Biruburu was always one of the common monsters from BOF2 I remember most readily. Not exactly a pig, but it's close enough to me.
Biruburu

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion