Self explained.

Moderator: Thetis

Re: How did you get your user name?

Postby Whoops » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:13 pm

I was quite clumsy in youth
Whoops

Postby MrBaba » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:36 pm

You know, to be totally honest, I have no idea. I just typed in some random words to see what'll stick.
MrBaba

Postby Whoops » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 pm

MrBaba, that's funny I thought it would be from Bunyan or "Baba" in Breath of Fire 2
Whoops

Postby SlippingLeg » Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 am

Mine is to camouflage my previous username.
SlippingLeg

Postby TybaltKaine » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:55 pm

I've always been partial to the bad guy, having been stuck with the role of Tybalt three time in my life during reading of Romeo and Juliet. Add to that my natural affinity to cats, despite my allergy to them, and the idea that I was some of "prince of cats" was amusing. It helps that to distance myself from my childhood and my family I have take Tybalt as my legal name.

The latter part of the name comes from my being the black sheep of my own family. Barring specific details, I am not exactly on the best terms with my siblings, due to various and sundry circumstances. Kaine is a manifestation of those relationships, along with an assertion that I'm comfortable with the path I've chosen to walk.

So, yeah, I'm the bad guy, may as well be stylish with it.
Special snowflake, just like you. Freelance Writer/Failed Artist/Part-time blogger/Stick Figure Demigod.

Find my ramblings at The Armory.

Twitter - @SyntaxAgility
Facebook - The Sarge
Gamefaqs - Nytecrawla
TybaltKaine

Postby elduderino » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm not into that whole brevity thing.
elduderino

Postby PALien » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:17 am

I alrdy explained it in my intro I believe. PAL is short for Phase Alternating Line. The PAL techology is related to TV transmissions, colors to be more precise, Idk the details. The term is also used to refer to certain norms in a few regions (mainly europe and australia I think), including console norms. A PAL version is a european/australian version of a video game. I think many people belittle players who're bound to PAL consoles because of three reasons: it's usually the last region to receive a release and it's usually the worst frame rate (50 fps instead of 60). Nowadays a lot of TVs are capable of better frame rates and most games run just as any other version. The biggest downside of the PAL region is probably that games are less likely to be released in it. Some of the SEGA consoles had almost no PAL games, we also missed a lot of hot titles for the PSX (Xenogears, Chrono Cross, etc.) because publishers found the market for such games to be to small. Most people back then played either imports or emulated the games (yeah, yeah ikr emulation is evil). It's less of a problem lately (or should I say more of a problem because japanese games don't even show-up in america anymore?), but it's still annoying. A lot of disappointment in my childhood comes from canceled releases of videogames (save up all my money for frikkin Harvest Moon 64, never (for)get it!). Some PAL games were actually worth the wait though (Zone of the Enders had extra content in example).

An alien (tihi, I just wrote "anal") is a foreign person. I almost always end-up as that one non-american in such communities. Idc abt peoples nationality all that much, but it can be a bit confusing with the different social standarts, or special events, etc, but it's not that bad. I think the biggets issues are the time zones. My postings either pop-up in the middle of the night, or are written in the middle of the night.
PALien

Postby elduderino » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:23 am

I'm a PAL pal too. We bought a TV in America and it won't work here, but it's a good enough monitor. I'll blame it on NTSC. I wonder about the folks who come from SECAM countries. Must be tough.
elduderino

Postby Leonhardt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:04 am

was a main character in the game " Agarest generation of war" and I liked the name so much that I normally use it when I get a chance.
Leonhardt

Postby GoldenFalchion » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:05 pm

It's a combination from "Golden" and "Falchion" , a sword type from the Middle Ages. Also it is the strongest weapon from Marth in the very first Fire Emblem. I was a huge fan from this part. Image

Cause I use the same name on deviantart since 7 years I thought I could use the nickname here too.
GoldenFalchion

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion