The flame thread

Self explained.

Moderator: Thetis

Re: The flame thread

Postby shadowfox » Wed May 27, 2015 6:31 am

I'm am super unhappy with the company that we are creating software for. They promised to give us support with their program that we have to use and constantly fail to do so. Now they have enacted a policy that all 3rd party companies must use a builtin board to ask questions and make it a communal think tank. that's a load of crap! Especially when we use to be able to just email them directly. I now for see it taking longer to get a answer to a question.
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.”

― Ambrose Bierce
shadowfox

Postby Whoops » Sun May 31, 2015 10:33 pm

So tired of my mother calling me a crazy conspiracy theorist.
Whoops

Postby Thetis » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:13 am

Well, I have thirty credits, which is what I need to finish graduate school. I recently contacted my professor to let her know my plans, and she tells me the nine credits I have in the last year are not showing up on my transcript. WTH? They're graduate level credits, taken at the main campus online. Mysteriously, they're not counting towards my degree.

Okay, I might have to dish out a few more thousand dollars to finish my degree? That's just great. Why'd I pay for the other classes if they didn't even count? Excuse me, I need to go kick innocent woodland creatures. >_<
Thetis

Postby -sparkle- » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Dear Parents

If you don't understand how mental illness works then I would recommend to shut the f*** up before talking s***, thank you.
-sparkle-

Postby Thetis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:58 am

Well. I used to think that my graduate school believed in at least freedom of speech and you could discuss ideas freely, and explore modes of thought.

Apparently not. A recent graduate I'm friended to expressed a very controversial stance on a political point, one which I actually disagree with her on. But instead of trying to explain to her, that you know, that she doesn't have the right to legislate rights, people flame her up the wayside for being a bigot, narrow-minded, and patriarchal, as well as a bunch of anti-religious rhetoric, which crossed the line. Several of her former classmates expressed that they were rethinking their friendship with her, and even throwing it away entirely because they couldn't support her beliefs.

I know this is a controversial topic. I don't believe she was in the right either for the record, but to callously call her names, make accusations, and cut off all ties with her when she makes a mistake like this... Even if she is totally wrong (and I think she is), you never will change hearts and minds, let alone be able to convince a classroom of students that their thinking is wrong by insulting and treating them like dirt.

That their position and self-righteousness takes precedence over their relationship or her as a person disgusts me to no end. I went to school with these people, and I believed that we could make mistakes in thinking like this without...this kind of bull happening.

I said something to this effect on the post, and I got personally attacked for it by a few people. At least some of my classmates stood up for me to the extent that one of them publicly apologized for what he said, but this does not quell my uneasy feeling about future discussions in class.

Well, I guess this wasn't really a flame. This is just me saying, people sometimes suck and there's nothing we can do about it. >_<
Thetis

Previous

Return to General discussion