Breath of Fire 6: Android Beta Livestream

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: -sparkle-

Breath of Fire 6: Android Beta Livestream

Postby NukaCola » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm downloading the Breath of Fire 6 Android beta as we speak!!! I will be livestreaming it at 10PM EST today, Sept. 7th (11AM JST, Sept. 8th) at http://www.twitch.tv/nukacola17

UPDATE 09/16/15:

Here are both livestreams I did of the game, including some extra gameplay videos:

Livestream 1:
Livestream 2:
Forest of Earlydawn Mission 2:
Dragnier Village & Menu Nav:

I've also recorded more footage and some of the game's music, which I will upload over the course of the week!
NukaCola
Global Mod

Re: Breath of Fire 6: Android Beta Livestream

Postby MrBaba » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:20 am

Hoo, sounds interesting! Count me into the livestream!
MrBaba

Postby dindevalhalla » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:02 am

Now that this is done we should wait for Rurouni to enlighten us on what Nuka was doing, besides not dodging
dindevalhalla

Postby Rurouni » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:11 am

Unfortunately, I can't be of much help since I'm unable to play the demo myself.

Each mission has a set of "stamina" (スタミナ) required for it to be played, the number in the final square when you click on a mission in the world map. You can't play a mission if you don't meet the required stamina. As usual, stamina slowly refills over time. All missions seem to be of the "kill all enemies" varieties for now.

You can actually search for Fellows by going into the "Dragon Crystal Shop" (竜結晶商店, first button in the left side of the screen in the world map) and spending "Dragon Crystals" (竜結晶), which you get as a gift bonus when you log-in. You're not getting much better than 1Star rarity by now, although there are a few 5star rare ones in there who are as likely to drop as a GooKing Sword. There's also a special event where (I'm guessing) you can get a better chance for quality Fellows.

Skills can be passive (active at all time, usually stat increases), manual (replace basic action) and auto (self-explanatory). A character can have up to 4 skills, two passives and 1 of the rest. Non-passive skills have a "Cool Time" before it can be used again

Hero
Passive - Toughness Force (タフネスフォース) - Increases user's max HP 8%
Manual - Twin Serpent (ツインサーペント) - Short-range attack, targets enemy in front. Attack damage at 220%

Amelia
Passive - Attack Force II (アタックフォースII) - Increases user's attack strength 8%
Manual - Meteor Flame (メテオフレイム) - Long-range, targets enemies in a circular range. Attack damage 180%, an additional 180% attack damage if target is in burn state and stuns for 2 seconds. Cool Time: 10 seconds.

Gilliam
Passive - Toughness Force II (タフネスフォースII) - Increases user's max HP 10%
Manual - Destruction Aura (デストラクションオーラ) - Increase Critical and strength up. Cool Time: 10 seconds.

Jubei
Passive - Critical Force II (クリティカルフォースII) - Increases user's Critical 5%
Manual - Painful Fire Arrow (痛火の矢) - Targets enemies in a circular range. Attack damage at 220% and induces burn state. Cool Time: 10 seconds.

Some Fellows I found in a JP wiki site:

Wendy (ウェンディ) - Rarity 2 - A green-haired woman with a broadsword
Passive - Toughness Force
Manual - Great Rush (グレイトラッシュ) - Short range, targets enemy in front. Attack damage 180%, plus 20% chance of inducing burn state and stun 3 seconds. If HP is below 50%, defense is reduced. Cool Time: 20 seconds.

Xue Lan (シュェラン) - Rarity 3 - A green-haired Maoren with a huge axe
Manual - Giant Crash (ジャイアントクラッシュ) - Short range, targets enemy in front. Attack damage 180% and stuns for 3 seconds. If HP is below 50%, attack force is reduced. Cool Time: 20 seconds.
Auto - Double Crash (ダブルクラッシュ) - Short range, targets enemy in front. Attack damage 150% and 20% chance of knocking out target in 2 seconds. Cool Time: 15 seconds.

Christine (クリスティーン) - Rarity 3 - A blond-haired female with a broadsword
Manual - Crash Blow (クラッシュブロウ) - Long range, targets enemy in front. Attack damage 180% and 20% chance of stunning for 3 seconds. If HP is below 50%, reduces defense. Cool Time. 20 seconds.
Auto - Twin Viper (ツインバイパー) - Short range, targets enemy in front. Attack damage 150% and induces shock/electric state. Cool Time: 15 seconds.

Hikozaemon (ヒコザエモン) - Rarity 4 - A Kamaitachi with a katana
Passive - Defense Force (ディフェンスフォース) - Increases user's defense 5%.
Passive - Attack Force (アタックフォース) - Increases user's attack 5%.
Manual - Ride Strike (騎行突撃) - Long range, targets enemy in front. Rush at enemy with attack damage 180%, 20% chance of stunning for 3 seconds. Cool Time: 15 seconds.
Auto - Whale Murderer (白鯨殺し) - Short range, targets 1 enemy. Attack damage 150% and burn state. Additional 150% attack damage if in wind state. Cool Time: 15 seconds.

For the moment, this is all I can do. Any thing you wanna know?
Rurouni

Postby Anfinity » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:18 am

I was at work when it came out. Any way I can watch a recorded version or something? I have an iPhone so I couldn't join the Beta ( ;____; )
Anfinity

Postby Nina Windia » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:31 am

I'll link you to the facebook page where he uploaded it:

https://www.facebook.com/WeDesireBreathofFire
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Postby dindevalhalla » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:22 am

I actually expected a simpler game. I became more interested in playing this, sadly I too have an iphone...

On the first video, what were the people commenting where Nuka spammed the twitter and facebook pages?
dindevalhalla

Postby Boss » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:37 pm

NukaCola,

Thanks for streaming this game. What would you say the character balance is like in this game? Is the protagonist noticeably better than (most of) his allies like Ryu is in the previous titles?

Can progress be made in this game without significant grinding?
Boss

Postby NukaCola » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:10 pm

dindevalhalla wrote:I actually expected a simpler game. I became more interested in playing this, sadly I too have an iphone...

On the first video, what were the people commenting where Nuka spammed the twitter and facebook pages?

Haha I was just getting notifications on Twitter from people who were retweeting my stream, I think!

Boss wrote:NukaCola,

Thanks for streaming this game. What would you say the character balance is like in this game? Is the protagonist noticeably better than (most of) his allies like Ryu is in the previous titles?

Can progress be made in this game without significant grinding?

The protagonist certainly has more HP than everybody else, but due to the language barrier I wasn't able to figure out how to advance my character stats. The protag has more skills he/she can see than the others. Besides auto-attack, the hero has two other skills to use, whereas the other characters only have auto-attack and one other skill that takes time to recharge again. I noticed in later levels it was very easy for my partners to die quickly, but again I attribute that to not figuring out how to advance the party.

I was able to beat Level 5 & 6 missions while being around lvl 5 & 6 or so, but it was pretty tough! There were many times I barely made it through with just the hero remaining. I noticed by Level 7 quests I wasn't gaining a whole lot of experience, I'm not sure why that was happening.
NukaCola
Global Mod

Postby dindevalhalla » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:12 am

Nuka, I meant on the thing that looked like a chat, where you tried to put the facebook page but it had a character limit.

I think mobile games try to add an artificial difficulty giving you less experience on repeat plays, to sort of prevent grinding (Like with the Pokemon Shuffle game where it takes a lot of replays to gain a level for a particular pokemon you want), this also makes you spend more jewels/hearts/whatever not advancing the game, and giving you incentive to pay
dindevalhalla

Next

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion