Street Fighter V x Breath of Fire II Contest -Contest!-

Talk about the games here!

Moderator: MrBaba

Street Fighter V x Breath of Fire II Contest -Contest!-

Postby Nina Windia » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Hey gang!

I don't know if you have heard the news yet or not, but Katt (aka Rinpoo) from Breath of Fire II is gonna make a cameo in Street Fighter V as one of the possible costumes for Falke.

While we encourage you to check out the game while it is playable for free on Steam and PlayStation Network, we also decided to do a contest of our own and give you a chance to win a free Steam key for Street Fighter V.

If you remember some time ago we did a very cool neat contest where winners got themselves a PSP digital code for Breath of Fire III. Everything revolved around the number‘3’and was super symbolic.

Since it's Katt this time, we will revolve around the number ‘2’. (Because Breath of Fire II and... stuff... yeah).
So this time we are offering 2 Steam codes for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on PC and this is what you need to do in order to get a chance to win one of the 2 keys:

Give us 2 cool reasons as to why you need to win (Post it here, on this thread). It could have something to do with how you first ran into the series,why you love it so much, how it affected your lives, or what made you dig the series from the first place.The contest will run from today, April 26, for a full week until May 3, to give you enough time to grind some Fight Money so you can be ready for the Katt Costume EX Battle Mode missions.

The winners will receive the codes via PMs on May 4. We can't wait to read your posts and get excited to see many Breath of Fire fans take part in this Street Fighter V collaboration. So without further ado, let the games begin.
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Re: Street Fighter V x Breath of Fire II Contest -Contest!-

Postby kaiheat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Not sure if I have ONLY two reasons but I'll give it a shot while trying to keep the theme. Growing up mostly I only had two friends and they were my best friends at that. Those two got me into the series and I spent months on end playing through Breath of Fire 2. After about a year I got curious and wanted to try the first one and it wasnt even a contest. Like the second I became addicted to the first.

I suppose the second reason would be that I was lucky enough to get the following games in the series BoF 3 & 4 together at a yard sale and they were surprisingly unopened. Shortly afterwards I was hit by a car and similarly to one of those games(avoiding spoilers still) I lost my memory. Playing that game along side final fantasy 9 never really got all of my memories back but it taught me some of the best morals I still use and value in life today.
kaiheat

Postby Nina2lover » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:40 am

I'm so glad to see this giveaway on the forums and glad to see Capcom reviving my favorite game of all time :grin:

I'd like to win this game because a) I 'm a big fighting game nerd and I love Street Fighter and 2) because if I do win, I'd make sure to ONLY play as Katt online in order to help popularize Breath of Fire II; therefore to win this game is really to help promote BoF2 in the public sphere.

What great news this all is.
Nina2lover

Postby Hiro365 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:53 am

Well, I am super excited for new BoF content to be released world wide. As for the contest:
1) BoFII was my first experience with the franchise. I got it on GBA for Christmas, and I played it everywhere. It cemented itself easily as my favorite game, and I've come to love the other entries in the years since.

2) Though I completed 6 full play-throughs in the first two years I had BoFII, (and have done 8 more since) I only found out in 2015 that you could move forward and push Katt out of the way. Winning this contest would give me a chance to make up some fight time that I missed out with Katt in the underground arenas of Steet Fighter.
Hiro365

Postby Nina Windia » Sat May 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks everyone for joining!

The winners shall recieve their awards shortly in PMs :grin:

Let's speard the Breath of Fire love into Street Fighter V
Nina Windia
Site Admin

Return to Breath of Fire discussion