New Breath of Fire 6 Info Topic

Talk about the coming new game!

Moderator: MrBaba

Re: New Breath of Fire 6 Info Topic

Postby MrBaba » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Nina has a point. It does have a psuedo Secret of Mana vibe from the visuals I think.
MrBaba

Postby Rurouni » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:14 pm

They are mostly thematically similar:

+ As always, the first game's battle between the dragon clans over the goddess is part of the background history as an event that happened eons ago.
+ The whole "Empire takes over most of the world" plot is similar to the Dark Dragons' invasion in the original. The Insidia Empire also carries the power of the Dark Dragons, opposing the main character who has inherited the Light Dragons' power.
+ Klaus looks quite like Jade from the original in appearance, is the second-in-command of the Empire and has a group of 4 elite warriors (that are set to appear during Phase 2) under his command just like the original's Four Devas (Cort, Mote, Cerl, Goda).
+ The stated goal of Emperor Steinberg's invasion (to unite the world under a single power) mirrors Zog's motives to invade the world (although Zog has also done it to restore the Dragon Clan to its rightful plalce while Steinberg doesn't, atleast far as we know).
+ The attack and burning down of Dragnier, just like in the original (albeit this time there are implications of a bigger reason behind the attack than just "the emperor fears us and wants us dead").
+ Atleast one returning location in the Cave of Tranquility (or Ease Cave in the original). Considering the original housed the final underwater dragon temple, I'm expecting it to hide some secret here as well.
+ Ryu being kidnapped (and possibly brainwashed/controlled, if his crazed look in the Phase 2 trailer is any indication) mimics the story and fate of Sara, Ryu's sister in the original.

This is mostly. The game's still barely ending the Phase 1 with 7 chapters, with the 2nd Phase about to begin and a number of side-stories to compliment the plot.
Rurouni

Postby MrBaba » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:16 pm

Can't say I'm too thrilled. The first game was never my favorite. Wish II got more love.
MrBaba

Postby Rurouni » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Until now, the only reference I can think from BoFII is the Wyndian with Black Wings and probably Nina's sister, Elena. But for now it's only visual, I don't know if there's going to be related to the "cursed" black wings from BoFII.
Rurouni

Postby MrBaba » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:16 am

I'm expecting bad things to happen to Elena. Nina's sisters rarely have good things happen to them.
MrBaba

Postby Rurouni » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:20 pm

Probably XD And this time the sister is with the bad guys, so she is even more screwed XD

I wonder if Myria is going to appear too since the plot is that similar to BoFI. Personally I would love if they could think of using the old Death Evans again, would be something clever and out of the box.
Rurouni

Postby MrBaba » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:33 pm

Oh so silly. Elena's clearly the final boss. :V
MrBaba

Postby Pabupabupukapuka » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:09 pm

I mean, I guess Deis being in the game makes up for something. I'm definitely interested to see the new take on her design, and her role in the story. The borrowing themes from previous games is starting to feel like a bit of a crutch though, probably because the production team are realizing they initially strayed too far from the source material and now have to make it feel more connected.

If Myria does show up, I hope it doesn't take away from how her story was resolved in III (i.e. Myria finally recognizing she may have been wrong all those centuries.)
Pabupabupukapuka

Postby BahamutKaiser » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:16 pm

Anything on a western release yet?...
BahamutKaiser

Postby Nina Windia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:01 pm

Not yet :(
Nina Windia
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Breath of Fire 6 discussion